Sign in to follow this  
iowaboy1965

Good guys at Iowa State fair grounds

New guy? Anybody? Son and i are gonna head that way after bit. Got to wondering if anybody here was gonna go.

Went yesterday. Lot of people left early because of the heat. Lots of stuff to see.

Was this you kal?

20180630_164308.jpg

Or maybe it was runner.....or missouri mule.....

20180630_193926.jpg

20180630_195817.jpg

Just got home. We were going to stay for the fire works but that was before the sky turned black and the wind came up. Then i got a flash flood warning on my phone.....ūüėĮ decided to get the heck outa there.

Won't make it this year have been there many times Iowa is lucky to have that show and the State Fair grounds is a almost perfect place to have it. If you like Muscle cars and Hot Rods its the place to be.

Wasnt as many cars and people there as last year i didnt think. I suppose heat and threat of rain had something to do with it. Few pics i managed to get

20180630_195422.jpg

20180630_193922.jpg

20180630_194104.jpg

20180630_193831.jpg

20180630_193700.jpg

20180630_193654.jpg

20180630_173031.jpg

Yes im glad we have it hts1206. Just started going again last year. Hadnt been for probably 20 or more years before that. Few more pics

20180630_170129.jpg

20180630_173131.jpg

20180630_164408.jpg

20180630_193312.jpg

20180630_193842.jpg

20180630_193859.jpg

20180630_193745.jpg

Gee i missed a lot of great cars that i should have taken pics of......this one i wasnt a big fan of however....

20180630_194055.jpg

20180630_194056.jpg

28 minutes ago, HTS1206 said:

State Fair grounds

When I was growing up near Lake Park, IA the place to go was the Clay County Fair at Spencer, IA.  Prolly better known as the "Spencer Fair".

best, randy

Thanks for the pictures IowaBoy we went every year til about 3yrs ago got lots of ideas for our cars .But last time I went my hip bothered me bad and had to leave early ,getting hip replaced July 11 so I hope to go next year ,always wanted to take one of our cars down but it's a 2hr + drive for us and it just never has worked out to take one down plus after we leave the show if we want to stop and shop or eat I don't worry about somebody messing with 1 of our daily drivers.

Understand your veiwpoint. Son and i were talking about bringing something next year. Only my car is anywhere close to being roadworthy and i wouldnt really call it nice....tho there were more than one in rougher condition there imo. Sons car has a long long way to go. Tho i did find some parts for it online and am making a road trip for a more correct transmission for his car tomorrow as well as a few other things.

More realistic is making a weekly show or 2 here in my hometown before summer is over. Local Arbys has a mini show every tuesday iirc. Last year  local Culvers had a mini show once a month on wed i think. Not sure if doing it this year again.

Randy i have heard of clay county fair but never been....maybe someday...

Hts1206 what ya got for old cars? If i may ask that is.

2 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

what ya got for old cars?

Few 50 thru 53 Cad CDVs and converts and a 63 Corvette split-window.

best, randy

• Like 1

Very nice Randy! 

34 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

nice

Chuckle, forgot the 50 Chevy 2 ton 6400 with its 13-1/2 ' Omaha Std combo box.

best, randy

68 Camaro RS/SS 396 4 spd 375hp,20,000 miles ,72 Nova 377 blown sbc on E85  dynoed @ 804 hp turbo 400 mini tubbed and 9in rearend gear vendor overdrive.My son has a 70 Chevelle 383 auto has about every factory option you could order in 70 75000 miles on it.We haven't done much with them lately low grain prices and sending 2 kids to college and a wedding last winter I'm sure you know how it is

• Like 1

Nice collection....ya i know how it is.....cept i think i need to rob a bank and do sum catching up......ūüėé

Oh and im sure we would all enjoy some pics of you and Randy's rides should you chose to share.

I took the night off and took the gang to Eddyville for the drag races. Bad crash around 9:30 tonight and the storm getting closer they scratched the rest of the racing for the night. 

2 nitro cars tangled and crashed just past the finish line. One driver ok but the other got transported. Hope he is ok. Scary to witness 2 cars crashing right after 180 mph pass. One car crossed the line as the other popped the chute. Got tangled and rolled destroying both cars. 

Feel bad for the people to the north. Sounds like a mess in DSM and to the north. 10" rain in a short period??

Dang i hate crashes anymore. Hope driver ok. Havent been to eddyville in i bet 25 years either. Need to take son sometime. Not sure how much rain but very muddy in yard, just went out. 

Son said later when he checked fireworks at good guys got canceled as i suspected they would so im glad we left when we did.

Hmm perhaps i need to chexk news and see how hard dm got hit...

3" in my rain gauge overnight....

Have to  get the picture thing figured out someday then I'll put some up,Have to get some help from my kids .Feel so dumb on computer stuff ,almost nothing that I won't dive into as far as mechanics but computers not so much

10 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Oh and im sure we would all enjoy some pics of you and Randy's rides should you chose to share.

1865112738_Tonys1955HarleyFL005.thumb.JPG.65c85859071cd4f636361967fa67eed4.JPG

13 hours ago, Randy Sohn said:

When I was growing up near Lake Park, IA the place to go was the Clay County Fair at Spencer, IA.  Prolly better known as the "Spencer Fair".

best, randy

Clay county fair is one of the best fairs in the country.  I go about every year.  Use to to be the larger county fair but some other fair claims that now. I know they are looking to add more ground. Anyone that has not been needs to go to it