Sign in to follow this  
gras

IH TD-6 cylinder head cost?

Fairly new to this forum and I need some advice.  I have a 4 cylinder IH TD-6 crawler that has a cracked head.  It will cost me about $1,300 to get this head welded and ready to drop back onto my crawler.  I did find a good cylinder that has been checked for cracks (there are none) and it has been shaved.  They guy wants $650 for it.  This is just the bare head.  So what does everyone think of that price? 

Does anyone know what the ballpark cost would be to put the lifters and valves back in it and get it ready to drop on.  I do have the parts from my head that can be used however since I haven't done any diesel work before I'm not sure all the parts such as the valves and frost plugs are good.  They seem to be but I don't have the tools or experience to install them.  Are these parts expensive?  I'm just not sure which way to go here.  This crawler won't get a ton of use but it sure comes in handy sometimes at the cabin.  I just don't want to drop too much money into something that isn't worth it.  Looking for some feedback.  Thanks in advance.

I would post this on the IH construction equipment area of this site  

Lots of knowledge there that might not see your post here.