Sign in to follow this  
Bill in Eastern WA

Loadstar 1800 "now I need brakes"

Thanks to all the help on the forum, I have my loadstar back together with a rebuilt T36 in place of the T496.   What a pain in the neck that was.  I found by accident a T36 nearby on craigslist that had been sitting outside on a pallet for the last 10 years.  It was still more to start with than the burnt up T496.  Parts for these transmissions are getting more difficult to find T36 parts are easier to get than T496.  Anyway it's all back together and she moves under her own power now so the next task is the brakes. 

I got out my vacuum bleeder out and was not able to get much brake fluid flowing.  Looking at the master cylinder it seems to be leaking all over the fire wall. So that needs to be replaced.  I can also see there are wheel cylinders that are leaking.  Anyway - this is going to be a reliable truck one way or the other.  Does anyone have the NAPA part numbers for the master cylinder and wheel cylinders? 

Attached are some pictures.  The super 1048 New Holland is the other half the hay hauling team. 

IMG_2501.jpg

IMG_2503.jpg

IMG_2505.jpg

You should be able to take the wagner casting number off of the master & wheel cylinders to Napa & have them cross them. I had my master cylinder & hydrovac rebuilt at Rebuilders Enterprises Inc (REI) in Illinois. 

Thanks - with help from one of the members of this forum, I was able to use the line setting ticket to get to the IH part numbers.  I was able to get Raybestos replacement parts for everything from Rock Auto.