Sign in to follow this  
nomorejohndeere

D15

I don't own one ,  However I sure enuf like it 😀

My Dad bought one just like it new in '39, I learned to drive in it in the '50's. I got a D2 in the '60's and eventually put a 241 Red Ram hemi in it but that's another story.....

have a '37 D-30 1-1/2 ton...  you've got a sweet looking binder there.

I see it's been upgraded to sealed-beam headlights. My D2 had a chrome bumper and windshield frame, and two wipers. Those sixes are pretty straightforward to work on and are pretty tough as long as you don't over-rev them.

On 2/24/2019 at 5:32 PM, 1snappyIH said:

have a '37 D-30 1-1/2 ton...  you've got a sweet looking binder there.

Hey Snappy, If you can find me a left side running board for a d-35, a d-30 is to small, That would guarantee Your name at the top of the six-speed special sale list.😁

PS you are there anyway because I know it will go to a good home.

Dennis

OP sorry for the hijack.

An Uncle of mine has 2 or 3 of the six speed specials, if I remember correctly.

Have a 1940 D30 that my grandfather bought new ,hopefully get I restored soon .hope mine looks as good as yours when done!

I hope to get my Papa's 41 K6? going again as well, the last time it was driven I stood in the seat beside my Dad.

IMG_0155.JPG

• Like 1

On 3/4/2019 at 11:37 AM, jingles1928 said:

Hey Snappy, If you can find me a left side running board for a d-35, a d-30 is to small, That would guarantee Your name at the top of the six-speed special sale list.😁

PS you are there anyway because I know it will go to a good home.

Dennis

OP sorry for the hijack.

Dennis - 

I've never looked so hard for a running board before. :)   I know a couple guys who have connections out west which I'll alert them to the cause....  So how's this D-35 coming along?  What about a picture or two?

Here is my D-30 a couple years back... unfortunately she's still in the same state for the moment.  Hoping to get her on the road this summer.  Had an issue where I now need a different radiator.  Know of any good radiator guys in the Ohio - PA area?

D-30 mid progress.PNG

• Like 1

On 3/4/2019 at 1:26 PM, nomorejohndeere said:

An Uncle of mine has 2 or 3 of the six speed specials, if I remember correctly.

Let me know if your uncle wishes to part with any of them if he's still their caretaker?

I have a Green Diamond engine from a 125 SP combine if anybody is in need of one.  (believe it is a GD 233---239 cu in?)

Feel sure engine is stuck--------combine never was run much, but was on propane.  Should be pretty clean old engine on inside.  Am thinking this engine will swap into the trucks discussed in this thread??

20171019_150319.thumb.jpg.682097efb262f7b152e1401edba8c9c0.jpg

In the early '60s, I cut the combine down to the frame and made a mobile hoist out of the frame.  Just used ocassionally around the shop.  Last used it in early '90s------engine was running great.  Tires rotted out------just quit running it.

20171019_150008.thumb.jpg.1a701a2b87a407a62acefd8eae24e58a.jpg

Am getting ready to pull engine, driveline, etc and make a trailer out of it so to run winch off of tractor hydraulics.

Engine and transmission will go to scrap yard unless some of you might want it for one of your trucks.

Hate to haul something like that off-----but I am trying to clean my shop yard up a little before this old codger "catches the train".  Can't keep everything and can't carry it with me!!!

Delta Dirt   Avon  Ms  38723

I'm posting this for jingles 1928

IMG_3636.JPG

• Like 2

On 3/10/2019 at 8:47 PM, Delta Dirt said:

I have a Green Diamond engine from a 125 SP combine if anybody is in need of one.  (believe it is a GD 233---239 cu in?)

Feel sure engine is stuck--------combine never was run much, but was on propane.  Should be pretty clean old engine on inside.  Am thinking this engine will swap into the trucks discussed in this thread??

In the early '60s, I cut the combine down to the frame and made a mobile hoist out of the frame.  Just used ocassionally around the shop.  Last used it in early '90s------engine was running great.  Tires rotted out------just quit running it.

Am getting ready to pull engine, driveline, etc and make a trailer out of it so to run winch off of tractor hydraulics.

Engine and transmission will go to scrap yard unless some of you might want it for one of your trucks.

Hate to haul something like that off-----but I am trying to clean my shop yard up a little before this old codger "catches the train".  Can't keep everything and can't carry it with me!!!

I and others would hate to see it scrapped as well.

When you pull it post up.  I may know by then if I need something.

I took some cell phone pics of my uncles trucks from a calendar

IMG_0231.JPG

• Like 1

On 3/10/2019 at 8:47 PM, Delta Dirt said:

Am hoping to pull the Green Diamond engine, transmission etc  out of the old combine chassis this weekend------------------anybody interested.   You would have to come pick it up-----I am too old to take on a shipping assignment.   I am located along the Mississippi River approximately 12 miles south of Greenville, Mississippi.

Delta Dirt   Avon  Ms  38723

As soon as I get my tractor project finished I'm going to dig into the D15.  I don't know what I need.

Would you be willing to sell some parts from it if I find they are needed and yours are good?

That would be easy shipping rather than the block

On 4/24/2019 at 3:31 PM, nomorejohndeere said:

As soon as I get my tractor project finished I'm going to dig into the D15.  I don't know what I need.

Would you be willing to sell some parts from it if I find they are needed and yours are good?

That would be easy shipping rather than the block

My problem is my age and physical condition-------just don't need to take on more physical work and more projects.

I did not get it out last weekend.  Am planning on working on it tomorrow.  (but my plans don't always get fulfilled!!)🙄

Will take some pictures when I get it out. Will keep you posted here on this thread.

I am 12 miles south of Greenville, Ms-----approximately 300 miles from Branson.  Where are you located in Missouri??

DD

40 north

thanks for trying to save whatever is use able

Green Diamond engine, clutch, pto, transmission out and on ground as a unit.

20190427_162509.thumb.jpg.3c9d63f5d99d09dcd1edc5685a6774e0.jpg

20190427_162545.thumb.jpg.f07126e9f89b8fc9d79d3003ddb513d4.jpg

DD

I have a picture of stamped numbers on the block.  Will need to resize and post from my computer later tonight.

Working from cell phone right now-----picture don't want to post.

Here are the stamped numbers off of block-----

886475183_IH125combine_GreenDiamond.thumb.JPG.1a0a282a366f30fac2a089a887509bc3.JPG

Numbers from flat boss located at front of block on the distributor side of engine.

2129964446_IH125combine_GreenDiamondengineblocknumbers.thumb.JPG.e33c131d583b396258f96357f1d26af5.JPG

Shot of updraft carburetor-------------engine had been operated on propane.

1516537533_IH125combine_GreenDiamond_carbside.thumb.JPG.db93748d105417d8ab04aff0043b3534.JPG

Hope these pictures will shed some light on the size of this engine for some of you that are more knowledgeable than I am.

Is there any place else on the Green Diamonds to pick up info from.

Will post these pictures on Old Binder Guy's Red Tractors on Montana Farm and see if I can pick up anymore info.

DD

According to a couple of links posted by Sledgehammer on the "IH Tractors on Montana Farm" thread in the Coffee Shop forums------

The Green Diamond engines were first introduced in 1941 in the K series trucks.  Piston diameter was the same-----the 233  cu in version bad a longer stroke than the 214 cu in model.

Probably need to do some homework to see if the Green Diamond is compatible with the engine in your D15???

I found the Green Diamond emblem on the side of the block------sorta above the distributor.

DD