dual hubs

gafarm49

After having those 10 bolt hubs for a 4" axle, and 10 bolts for a magnum, my son asked me what we were going to do with the "Dinky" 9 bolt hubs for the 2+2..............He laughed when I told them they were just heavy enough for a paper weight.

5 hours ago, gafarm49 said:

I have to flip the inside to achieve 36 in rows and they are in the way. I hope the front end is easier than the last one. and yes 4 in axles. thanks for the advice about the wedges

Should be able to get on 36" rows without flipping the inside wheels. The dual hubs will end up nearly flush with the end of the axle.

7 hours ago, TP from Central PA said:

After having those 10 bolt hubs for a 4" axle, and 10 bolts for a magnum, my son asked me what we were going to do with the "Dinky" 9 bolt hubs for the 2+2..............He laughed when I told them they were just heavy enough for a paper weight.

Your son is right!  Tenant that farms the ground right around my house pulled his little grain cart (500 bushel) a year ago with his 1486 with IH 9-bolt duals.  They do look "Dinky" compared to the 10-bolt.  He loads his trucks about 100 feet from the back door of our house. 9-bolt are fine with "little" tractors,  say up to 100 hp. YMMV.

15 hours ago, ZachGrant said:

Should be able to get on 36" rows without flipping the inside wheels. The dual hubs will end up nearly flush with the end of the axle.

thanks! looks like you are right

Archived