ole 815

"Big Tractor Power" 3788 video

Neat video on YouTube from "Bigtractorpower" channel on YouTube

Planting beans in NE Iowa with White planter

Screenshot_20180614-225004_YouTube.jpg

Don't know how to link video with my phone, but here are some pics. Looks purty Boss don't it!!Screenshot_20180614-225035_YouTube.jpg

Makes me feel good to know I’m not the only one!

F60EB066-8B0C-451A-AC83-833D367D6DBC.jpeg

• Like 3

Believe it or not that is my neighbor Shawn leytem's rig.

Is the 37 supposed to run duals on the front?

A interview with the tractor driver about his set up would have been nice. How does he like it, is it a good fit and what he does not like about it?

He also needs some bellows on that 3788!

1 hour ago, Steve C. said:

Probably shouldn't IMO.....

I never much thought about a 2+2 till I got to run one.  Now I jump every chance I can.  Awesome fun tractors.  

21 hours ago, mn6588 said:

Makes me feel good to know I’m not the only one!

F60EB066-8B0C-451A-AC83-833D367D6DBC.jpeg

What do you like about it? What don't you like about it? 

Enjoyed the video. Thanks for posting it. 

Nice looking rig, mn6588! 

On 6/15/2018 at 6:45 PM, Steve C. said:

We had 2 both dualled up all around, and I know of probably another 10 that were dualled up on the front as well, and I've never heard of any issues caused from it

Told my dad this weekend that I'm going to buy one when I'm older just to collect and you could see the disappointment on his face. He hates them (spent a LOT of time in one) but I love them!

On 6/18/2018 at 12:56 PM, db1486 said:

We had 2 both dualled up all around, and I know of probably another 10 that were dualled up on the front as well, and I've never heard of any issues caused from it

They seem to hold up okay if they're just used for flotation.

Biggest problem with the 2+2s were that a lot of farmers were reputedly turning up the pumps and trying to use them like 250HP Steigers.

Somewhere I read that the 2+2's front differential is the same as a rear differential out of a 784, which puts out about 57 HP at the drawbar. If that is the case, with the 50/50 weight balance the tractor is putting 125HP through a differential that is only designed for half that much. On single fronts it can't put the power to the ground, but with the duals it can really hook up.

Use the tractor like an MFWA 1486, and you had no issues.

Nice video! Just wish I could talk my dad and brother into using ours more then we do. 

10 hours ago, Matt Kirsch said:

They seem to hold up okay if they're just used for flotation.

Biggest problem with the 2+2s were that a lot of farmers were reputedly turning up the pumps and trying to use them like 250HP Steigers.

Somewhere I read that the 2+2's front differential is the same as a rear differential out of a 784, which puts out about 57 HP at the drawbar. If that is the case, with the 50/50 weight balance the tractor is putting 125HP through a differential that is only designed for half that much. On single fronts it can't put the power to the ground, but with the duals it can really hook up.

Use the tractor like an MFWA 1486, and you had no issues.

That definitely makes sense. I know ours would pull bigger equipment but it handled the 32' cultivator with ease and never had a issue. And our first 3788 was dynoed at 230hp, and dad ran it for 25 years. Gotta get it going again. They just look mean dualled up lol