Sign in to follow this  
mader656

Best cordless saw I've ever used

That 60v volt cuts. Like a worm drive. Was on sale too..169 with free 139 dollar battery....the battery life with the 6ah battery only lasts a half  of a day so I'll need a few more batteries...

0614182053.jpg

I have a 28v Milwaukee circular and both sawsalls and I just love them. They have some real power and the batteries charge super fast. 

Jerry

I have DeWalt 20V drill and 3/8ths and 1/2" impacts. The 3/8th is my new favorite tool! 1/2" is a Father's day gift that I haven't received yet 😉  but if it's as good as the 3/8ths I won't be tethered to an air hose anymore. My grease gun is also DeWalt so the batteries are all the same.

We had dewalt 18v for over 20 years, went to Milwaukee, never looked back. I hear the new dewalt tools are pretty good, good luck with it.

• Like 1

Anyone have any experience with cordless chainsaws?

At 71 years of age, the thought of rassling with a full size gas powered Stihl, in the bucket of a bucket truck is a little scary!!

Mike

1 hour ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

Did the baby arrive, Mader?

No good cold front today tho so there is hope.

4 hours ago, mikem said:

At 71 years of age, the thought of rassling with a full size gas powered Stihl, in the bucket of a bucket truck is a little scary!!

Mike

The Milwaukee M18 chainsaw is supposed to be available sometime this month and the reviews over heard from the people who got to try it at the New Product Symposium this spring said it was very impressive.

6 hours ago, mikem said:

Mike

If the 60v follows suite I'd expect it to be useable but very short life...cordless sure has come a long way from the dark ages...

I'm very tempted by the 40 volt unit at Harbor Freight, just waiting for right coupon to show up in the flyers. I'm looking at it for a quick clean up was for around the yard.

M18 Fuel chainsaw is on the short list here. 

23 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

We had dewalt 18v for over 20 years, went to Milwaukee, never looked back. I hear the new dewalt tools are pretty good, good luck with it.

👍  same here ,   Much better battery in my experience 

And now they have the M18 12.0 ah battery. 

16 hours ago, mader656 said:

If the 60v follows suite I'd expect it to be useable but very short life...cordless sure has come a long way from the dark ages...

The way its going they might aswell get to 120 volts.....Then you can either use battery or plug it in!

I have several Dewalt 20v and higher tools and they work great. We have a lot of Milwaukee's too, boils down to personal preference they both are good.

7 minutes ago, TomH said:

The way its going they might aswell get to 120 volts.....Then you can either use battery or plug it in!

I have several Dewalt 20v and higher tools and they work great. We have a lot of Milwaukee's too, boils down to personal preference they both are good.

They have a 120 volt cordless chop saw set up that is setup that way takes a power adapter or 2 60v batteries...

Any name brand cordless is great these days in my opinion

M18 has two huge advantages. First, their batteries are the best. Second, all M18 batteries and tools are forward and backward compatible, and will be going forward. I have a lot of money tied up in M18 tools. If they suddenly moved to a new platform, as DeWalt has done, I'd be pretty peeved. 

Also, many of the new tools are corded tools made into cordless, not some light duty piece of crap. The latest generation of tools it's comparable to 15 amp corded stuff. 

On 6/15/2018 at 6:02 AM, vtfireman85 said:

3 hours ago, lorenzo said:

👍  same here ,   Much better battery in my experience 

And same here.  They buy Dewalt at work,  I buy Milwaukee and can tell the difference, the M18 is great.  

On 6/15/2018 at 12:10 PM, mikem said:

Mike

We got a stihl battery powered saw at work. It's pretty small but cuts good. I don't know how long the battery lasts of cutting steady, but it sure is nice to carry when hiking the trails and cutting trees. I'd say the one we got is very comparable to the 170 stihl. Battery would last comparable to a tank and a half of fuel maybe? Just gotta remember bar oil lol

Had older Makita for years. New DeWalt  20 volt runs rings around it. Probably all new battery tools are pretty good.

Got my Fathers Day 1/2". Says 400 lbft. Had to try it so ran a couple of lugs off and on - Chevy C70 that hadn't been off for years. No challenge! Ran them off as well as my best 1/2" air tool.