Sign in to follow this  
MTO

Good prices!

No automatic alt text available.

I wonder if they can come down a little... :D

Amazing how much prices would jump less than a decade later. I wish you could still get a full size station wagon... but I could only imagine the price tag.

21 minutes ago, rcb said:

I wish you could still get a full size station wagon... 

You can.  They're called Suburban's.

Hehe, true but not low slung like a car. Though there's always the low rider crowd. :)

I will take one of each pictured there with all the options including the biggest engine package available! Oh and dont forget the air conditioning! Mark tell them i can take delivery on monday!

10 hours ago, 660 driver said:

I will take one of each pictured there with all the options including the biggest engine package available! Oh and dont forget the air conditioning! Mark tell them i can take delivery on monday!

And will pay cash!😱

I remember thinking boy I'll never get that paid for !

12 hours ago, Atilathehun99 said:

You can.  They're called Suburban's.

No, he means a station wagon!  B)  We had a couple Ford Country Squire wagons growing up.

13 hours ago, MTO said:

No automatic alt text available.

As a kid in NJ I worked part time in an animal hospital. Right across the street was an AMC/Jeep dealer. I remember about 1970 the banners in the windows "AMC Gremlin, 6 cylinder, AM radio and sunroof, $1999".  Saw that banner several times a week for 6 months, that's why I remember it.

Rick

I realize the Maverick [POS] was a new model in 70 and others were 69s but all but the wagon were available for a couple hundred more than the Maverick [POS]. 

DUH!

Oh, and the reason I know the Mavericks were a POS was I had 2 of the POSs. 

I think this dealer was near Syracuse NY. 

24 minutes ago, MTO said:

I realize the Maverick [POS] was a new model in 70 and others were 69s but all but the wagon were available for a couple hundred more than the Maverick [POS]. 

DUH!

Oh, and the reason I know the Mavericks were a POS was I had 2 of the POSs. 

I think this dealer was near Syracuse NY. 

I bet at least one of them was yellow?

17 minutes ago, Atilathehun99 said:

I bet at least one of them was yellow?

Nope, one cream and one blue. 

You could throw a cat through the rust holes in either of them.

1 hour ago, MTO said:

You could throw a cat through the rust holes in either of them.

Now that is an interesting method measurement. 

• Haha 1

My mother bought a new Maverick in 1970. Engine died in 1972, she never checked or changed the oil once!😲

(She met my Dad a few months after it died!)

Bought '69 Fairlane,  my first new vehicle.

Ordered  '72 Maverick Grabber 5.0 V8 3spd on floor, HD suspension $2,300 ?, before the US Army discharged me in fall of '72.

Man to be able to get a '69 fairlane and a '69 mustang both brand new for under 6grand would be a dream come true!

Had a 74? Mav grabber. It was a good lil car. Even AFTER spending half its life in a cow pasture! 😊 timing gear shelled at 40 some thousand miles and owner just parked it.

My aunt shopped for a new car in 69. Looked at Maverick, Mustang, ended up buying a Falcon which was not all that different from a Mustang. The 302 V8 in that light car had outstanding power for the time. Good on gas too. Gave years of good service but was getting a little rusty by the 1990s. Not sure but I think it was close to $3000 Canadian but of course everything is more expensive here. 

21 minutes ago, Loadstar said:

My aunt shopped for a new car in 69. Looked at Maverick, Mustang, ended up buying a Falcon which was not all that different from a Mustang. The 302 V8 in that light car had outstanding power for the time. Good on gas too. Gave years of good service but was getting a little rusty by the 1990s. Not sure but I think it was close to $3000 Canadian but of course everything is more expensive here. 

I ordered in a new a medium blue 1969 Falcon and was equipped with the 302 V8 and standard three on the tree shift. It had HD suspension, a radio, interval wipers, larger 7.35-14 WSW tires. I paid $2700 CAN for it. The automatic was about $250 more money. The car was too light for the 302 V8 engine and I always had to be careful if the road was slippery. Unfortunately I rolled it in January 1972 when I hit black ice on the 401 just west of Toronto. It caught a truck rut on the curb of the road and flipped the car over on it's roof, back on its wheels and then coming to rest on the roof. I climbed out unscathed and wrote the car off. I then purchased a new 1972 Ford Custom 500 with the 2 barrel 400 engine in it. It was a much  heavier car and way better in winter conditions. The 400 was one of the best Ford engines I ever had in a car.