Sign in to follow this  
Qc.Can.IH man

Oops...... then ouch!

Recommended Posts

 A b-train log trailer hit the traffic light post while trying to get around a tight corner that leads to my place, it has two lanes of traffic and a left turn lane and depending on which trailer I have I sometimes have to be in the left turn lane to be able to turn right at that corner to not take out the light post!

 Some days when I’m hauling silage I will come around that corner 20 or 25 times a day, i’ve pretty much seen how dumb some drivers can be they try to pass you on the right when you’re turning right, whether they’re driving pick ups with trailers or little cars or even motorcycles!

 When I have to stop for the red light I will stop the truck and trailer on a diagonal to block both lanes so nobody can get past me on the right or left and when I start to turn I make sure I keep my eye on both sides of the truck while turning.

 I’m not sure where this guy was going, he was either lost or going to stop for lunch at the restaurant. I’m sure when he turned the corner and realized he took out the post that was the oops..... and the ouch will come when he gets the bill for that! 

 

D5238F06-DF2A-4A58-949E-C563D3307BF8.jpeg

6E966439-292C-45D4-97AB-E3A357B35F8C.jpeg

0E2CDF37-892F-41E8-AE72-07C80AB16530.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No officer. I was...hauling that pole too.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that bucket truck wasn't made for a crane. hope it doesn.t fail later on in life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are a lot of bucket trucks with material handling winches.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never took out a lightpole even with the tri-ax lowboy with stinger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Butch-Ky said:

Well that bucket truck wasn't made for a crane. hope it doesn.t fail later on in life

It has a jib. It certainly is rated as a crane. Provided that arm is within its limitations. The one I used to run we set hundreds upon thousands of pole lights with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2018 at 10:05 AM, Butch-Ky said:

Well that bucket truck wasn't made for a crane. hope it doesn.t fail later on in life

 

On 6/14/2018 at 10:57 AM, Dave Shepard said:

There are a lot of bucket trucks with material handling winches.

 

On 6/14/2018 at 12:35 PM, 660 driver said:

I never took out a lightpole even with the tri-ax lowboy with stinger.

 

On 6/14/2018 at 2:09 PM, Missouri Mule said:

It has a jib. It certainly is rated as a crane. Provided that arm is within its limitations. The one I used to run we set hundreds upon thousands of pole lights with. 

That truck sees a lot of work, this was the second time this week that I seen a truck take it out a light pole.

 There is another intersection just a few hundred feet north of this one that gets a light pole knocked out at least six times a year by the van trailers that deliver to grocery stores, i’m not sure who designed these intersections but they obviously were not designed for long trailers.

 And it’s not just the intersection but the cars who crowd the trucks and won’t  give them an inch, when I make that same turn I’ve learned how to block the traffic behind me so they cannot get past try to crowd me, any truck driver who tries these intersections for the first time could end up in trouble because they are very deceiving!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Qc.Can.IH man said:

 

 

 

That truck sees a lot of work, this was the second time this week that I seen a truck take it out a light pole.

 There is another intersection just a few hundred feet north of this one that gets a light pole knocked out at least six times a year by the van trailers that deliver to grocery stores, i’m not sure who designed these intersections but they obviously were not designed for long trailers.

 And it’s not just the intersection but the cars who crowd the trucks and won’t  give them an inch, when I make that same turn I’ve learned how to block the traffic behind me so they cannot get past try to crowd me, any truck driver who tries these intersections for the first time could end up in trouble because they are very deceiving!

Had my gooseneck on a rock because no one gives a inch...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this