Qc.Can.IH man

Some people are sooooo stupid!!!

The day after we chopped the silage of this field I found this pile of crushed stone that somebody dumped! 

They drove in the laneway to our field which is made of crushed stone and they decided to dump their load in the field, if they had of dumped it on my laneway in some holes or spread it out nicely it would’ve been very appreciated!

This actually will happen quite often around here, whether it be crushed stone, sod, dirt or tree branches.

Sometimes when we catch people doing it they give you the I didn’t know somebody owned this land or I thought it belong to the city or it looks like an abandoned field!

6EDB231D-9085-4BAC-9F39-28CBF8268684.jpeg

WHY? Shaking my head! 

yes also like the new guy that moved here from Holland years age cut off a bunch of trees that wasn't his and said just want to make it look better. at least it cost him a few coins for restitution .

I wish they'd drop some crushed stone in my driveway, ahaha.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, rcb said:

I wish they'd drop some crushed stone in my driveway, ahaha.

No kidding bout 1000 yard

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Qc.Can.IH man said:

The day after we chopped the silage of this field I found this pile of crushed stone that somebody dumped! 

They drove in the laneway to our field which is made of crushed stone and they decided to dump their load in the field, if they had of dumped it on my laneway in some holes or spread it out nicely it would’ve been very appreciated!

This actually will happen quite often around here, whether it be crushed stone, sod, dirt or tree branches.

Sometimes when we catch people doing it they give you the I didn’t know somebody owned this land or I thought it belong to the city or it looks like an abandoned field!

6EDB231D-9085-4BAC-9F39-28CBF8268684.jpeg

I think I disagree. That’s just plain ornery!! Or hateful. I don’t think anyone could be that stupid. 

Gates n fences, gates an fences.......

7 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Gates n fences, gates an fences.......

X2

They evidently didn`t know how to set the chains to tailgate it over a distance.

Them being soooo stupid was a good thing.

Easier to clean up. 

• Thanks 1

Must be a French Canadian thing, because here in the States, they'd never dump something valuable like crushed stone.

I'd be like, "FREE STONE!" and raking it into the loader bucket as fast as I could, before they changed their minds and came back for it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Gates and fences are a good idea… As long as they’re closed when you leave the field! 

Sometimes when the gate is closed everything gets dumped in front of the gate! 

This was done sometime after dark and before 9 AM the next morning.

Just now, Matt Kirsch said:

Must be a French Canadian thing, because here in the States, they'd never dump something valuable like crushed stone.

I'd be like, "FREE STONE!" and raking it into the loader bucket as fast as I could, before they changed their minds and came back for it.

Ain't no kidding there.... LOL  

I'd rather rake gravel up then pick up dirty diapers, and other assorted trash....   The best case scenario for that is when they leave a letter or something in the trash so you know where to return it too! :) 

• Thanks 1

Watched a guy pulling his camper trailer through neighbors hay field. 

He stopped twice.

Once to open the holding tank valve and once to close it. 

Pee Yew!

Neighbor got his plate number and turned him in. 

1 minute ago, Qc.Can.IH man said:

Gates and fences are a good idea… As long as they’re closed when you leave the field! 

Sometimes when the gate is closed everything gets dumped in front of the gate! 

This was done sometime after dark and before 9 AM the next morning.

I've had to repair fence more than once that was cut.... 

About 10 years ago someone shot my mom's pet donkey.  My sister had bought my mom and dad a Jack and Jenny to run with the cows.   They loved those two donkeys and they were really cool animals on the farm.  They had a baby that got named biscuit, and when he was about half grown he was shot about 200 yards from the fence. We're guessing from the road, and of course no one saw a thing so no way of ever knowing who. 

I'm a pretty civil fellow, but if I ever catch who shot mom's pet donkey it's going to take every bit of me not to beat them black and blue.... 

9 minutes ago, B.B. said:

I've had to repair fence more than once that was cut.... 

About 10 years ago someone shot my mom's pet donkey.  My sister had bought my mom and dad a Jack and Jenny to run with the cows.   They loved those two donkeys and they were really cool animals on the farm.  They had a baby that got named biscuit, and when he was about half grown he was shot about 200 yards from the fence. We're guessing from the road, and of course no one saw a thing so no way of ever knowing who. 

I'm a pretty civil fellow, but if I ever catch who shot mom's pet donkey it's going to take every bit of me not to beat them black and blue.... 

That's pretty low of somebody.....

3 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

That's pretty low of somebody.....

I guess I will never understand the mental state that makes someone do something like that. 

Rick

7 minutes ago, oldtanker said:

I guess I will never understand the mental state that makes someone do something like that. 

Rick

As my old S&W packing neighbor says, Shoot/shovel/shut up.

It's water under the bridge at this point but it was a pretty rotten thing to do.  

I remember when I was a kid my dad run off a guy who was trespassing hunting morales in our woods.  Dad was nice about it and let him keep his bag of mushrooms, but explained to him very clearly not to come back.  About a week later dad came home from work and the same truck was back.  He fired up his old bobcat with every intention of moving the truck off our property.  Evidently the guy heard the machine coming and went running to his truck before dad was able to get there.   Never seen him again, and I'm glad it turned out the way it did. I'm just sure my dad who hadn't ever even had a speeding ticket would of went to jail over that one as he meant to turn the truck upside down when he moved it.  :)

That happened to my Grandmother back in the 70's only it was a miniature horse. It apparently was right after hunting season, figured the hunter didn't get a deer had to shoot something.:wacko:

Just now, TomH said:

That happened to my Grandmother back in the 70's only it was a miniature horse. It apparently was right after hunting season, figured the hunter didn't get a deer had to shoot something.:wacko:

40-50 years later you still remember it.... pretty rotten!   I'll never understand, but then again I don't understand someone dumping gravel in a farmer's hay field either. 

Had some kids out rutting up my fields, until they got stuck! 200 yards+- from the road. 

My wife and I were coming back from dinner at a friends after dark and she noticed something in the field, and I noticed some kids standing on the shoulder of the road, so I threw it in reverse to see what was up.

These kids were real cool, said they were 4 wheeling and got stuck and another friend had gone to get a tow, I asked if they  knew the owner, or had told him, they said no, as they were from Connecticut and no they hadn’t told the owner. You should have seen the look on their faces when I told them they just did, and not to bother towing it out as I was notifying the state police!! They about crapped themselves!

When the cops asked if I could tow it out, I told them it wouldn’t be in one piece if I did and the best thing would be to call a tow truck. Imagine that bill🤑🤑

• Thanks 1

Well ,my guess you know them

they left their tire tracks

Maybe they left a boot heal in the mud jump off the truck , 

they ain't smart 

1 minute ago, 560Dennis said:

Well ,my guess you know them

they left their tire tracks

Maybe they left a boot heal in the mud jump off the truck , 

they ain't smart ,probably a cigarette but in the rubble or something 

Some folks have no respect.  Ticks me off when they think they can trespass on private property.  I'd like to dump.a load of manure in the front yard of whoever thinks it's ok to just dump stones in the middle of a hay field.  Why wouldn't they have dumped on the driveway????  Something wrong with their thinking there.

• Thanks 1

This reminds me of a good friend of mine who is a logger.   Someone would not pay him for the logs that he delivered to their house for log length firewood.  So he delivered more logs.  A whole truckload of logs.  Onto their driveway.  They called him quickly to settle up.

So may people have so little respect for other people's land anymore that dumping garbage/unwanted material is commonplace.

• Thanks 1