BK

BK

My ride in the tractor parade to downtown Montgomery.  BK

Thanks to T - bone,  Lindzy Farms, for a couple great hours on this beautiful 1958 Farmall 450. Lowell ' s dad bought the 450 new, and it's been on the farm ever since. BK

We were there on Friday.  Really enjoyed the vendors for the parts and the toys and the real tractors as well.    Everyone was very nice.   Last one we got to attend was in the Nashville area back in 07 so it was nice to have one close enuff to be in reach for us.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, red_reaper said:

Couple Missouri cotton pickers made the trip. That's Binderpower856 and I picking a bit of cotton to take home for the kids to see. 

cotton pickers 006.JPG

I got to meet these two Cotton Picking Dudes! 

Was a pleasure ! Don't believe the face book police , these guys are really nice Guys . 

Great meeting you Kristin and second meeting Bill ! You know you have to meet Bill twice to really have met Bill! Lol

tony

All of it looked like a great time. Thanks for sharing the photos and videos. 

• Like 1

The after hours RP Forum board meeting, lol. BK

• Like 3

Looks like a great event. Lots of good looking and interesting machines. 

• Like 1

There are indeed efforts underway to get a Mississippi chapter going.   There were five of us that I know of at the roundup.  Here's three of us (I'm in the middle).   The two fellas not in the pic were the ones who attended the meetings and are getting the ball rolling.    It was my first roundup.  I had hoped there would be a few more of the 06, 56, 66 tractors, but the cotton stuff really made the show great!  Hats off to Randy and the Alabama folks.   Here's a pic of him fielding questions after one of the picking demos.   

IMG_7157.jpg

IMG_7187.jpg

Hope Mississippi gets their chapter

i saw lot of good looking cotton driving though Mississippi 

tony

53 minutes ago, Tonyinca said:

Hope Mississippi gets their chapter

i saw lot of good looking cotton driving though Mississippi 

tony

Tony, the cotton is not the only treat to enjoy in Mississippi.  I used to go to the National Police Shooting Championships in Jackson, Miss. every year. ( No longer held there).  Those folks in Mississippi know how to cook fried catfish like no other place on earth.  A show near Jackson would not be complete without the Jackson City Police Aux. hosting a catfish fry.

• Like 1

It's been a week since last day of RPRU 2018. 

We are two days away from home , sitting in Kingman Az. Taking a break from pushing 4 to 450 miles a day .

will visit my daughter in Hendersen , Navada tomorrow Sunday , then head for home Monday AM . 

Its been great , would do it again In a NY minute . Reminiscing of the wonderful people I met and the re connections to old aquaintence .   I also appreciate being in the heart of Dixie! 

Puts meaning to two of my favorite songs ; Sweet Home Alabama and I Sang Dixie ! 

Tony

image.jpeg

On June 21, 2018 at 9:02 PM, rsscott said:

Tony, the cotton is not the only treat to enjoy in Mississippi.  I used to go to the National Police Shooting Championships in Jackson, Miss. every year. ( No longer held there).  Those folks in Mississippi know how to cook fried catfish like no other place on earth.  A show near Jackson would not be complete without the Jackson City Police Aux. hosting a catfish fry.

I realize there is much more , what I saw in Alabama & Mississippi none Ag related I really liked , matter of fact I really enjoyed old town Alabama dinners and the beauty of Miss. Country side. 

The reason I shouted out cotton is because RPRU is Ag related and I saw lot of cotton Ag in Miss. Not to mention I have a Cotton Bias being it got me into farming and I probably would not be here enjoying Alabama RPRU if not for my humble beginngs in cotton. Can't forget the also for the Bodine's and their efforts . 

Tony

Tony, Not to hijack the thread but how is your daughter doing nowadays after her accident a while back?

Dennis

8 hours ago, Tonyinca said:

I realize there is much more , what I saw in Alabama & Mississippi none Ag related I really liked , matter of fact I really enjoyed old town Alabama dinners and the beauty of Miss. Country side. 

The reason I shouted out cotton is because RPRU is Ag related and I saw lot of cotton Ag in Miss. Not to mention I have a Cotton Bias being it got me into farming and I probably would not be here enjoying Alabama RPRU if not for my humble beginngs in cotton. Can't forget the also for the Bodine's and their efforts . 

Tony

Just thinking that a Mississippi Catfish Fry would be a welcome addition to the show.  Kind of like the flyover in Montgomery.  There is also a good restaurant near Jackson Mississippi called "**** of the Walk".  They specialize in catfish, fried chicken, collard greens, fired dill pickles, fries and cornbread.  Still not as good as the Jackson City Police Aux. cooking, but close. ( I guess this software does not recognize a four letter word that describes a rooster).

• Haha 1

Got home from a wonderful RPRU and Alabama visit today at 3pm ! 

25 days living in motor home and 4975 miles traveled . No Dents or Scrathes and No One flipped me off ! I must be getting better at this . Lol

Again want to thank Randy & Jana , Robert  , Brad and Logan Bodine & families for lot of hard work ! 

Also a shout out to Matt Bodine for saving my bacon when it came to tech setup for my presentation.

I want to say it was an honor for me to see you that I had met before and also an honor for all that I met for first time!

i am ready for some home base time but I would do it all over again! 

Enjoyed our board meeting at motor home camp , sorry I was late, cought **** from my wife for being late but I was privileged to be stopped by Brian Long & Jeff Forman and introduced to several Texas fellas that had common friendships with a couple of old Cali boys ! 

We got it all discussed and settled all world problems in a short while .lol

Thank you all for all your hospitality ! 

Had the privilege to be camped next to Bob & Kathy Zarse, Dale & Lisa Merkle , 

Max Favorite & Linda Lockward , Jerry Smoker and the pretty half Kelly Smoker , Doug & Kathy symore , Lowell & Shoron Lindzy , and of course Brady Boy to keep us all legal & in good quality pictures !

Not to mention Danny Anderson & Kathy 

and Mel Monterio & MaryAnn & 2x2 Guy that were at local motels but came to spend time with the group and provided a set of wheels for Carol & I being I was not towing yet . Have to crawl in this motor homing world . Lol

thanks again for a memorable great time !

Tony & Carol 

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 5:01 AM, jingles1928 said:

Tony, Not to hijack the thread but how is your daughter doing nowadays after her accident a while back?

Dennis

She is working hard with any and all physical therapists that can help take her to the next level.

She is able to perform most of daily chores however, some with difficulty.

Thank God she is a strong personality .

We are blessed that she can function to this great point.

Thank you for asking,

Tony

• Like 1

Good to hear she is working hard and coming along.

Dennis

• Like 1

On 6/25/2018 at 9:52 PM, Tonyinca said:

No One flipped me off ! I must be getting better at this . Lol

No California howdies , you must not have felt at home?

I am glad you are having the time of your life doing this. Hopefully you were able to bring home some ideas of how to fit another tractor or two ( or a three wire baler) in your shed.....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bitty said:

No California howdies , you must not have felt at home?

I am glad you are having the time of your life doing this. Hopefully you were able to bring home some ideas of how to fit another tractor or two ( or a three wire baler) in your shed.....

I am looking for an engineer that understand old tractor disease ,that can shoe horn all this stuff in shed. !

Tony 

• Haha 1