BUILDING A PULLER

I did thay many years ago.  Turned the 826 into a nice 130 hp tractor.  I found a M&W set up and put on it.  It wasnt all that expensive.  BUT, in a tractor pull you will be outclassed.  The 400 series engines are so easy to build HP.  They have a much better torque curve and cubic inches matter.  If you want to pull find a 1066 and start with that.  With all stock parts you can get to 200hp.  Pletny of room to improve from there.  The little 358 is just limited.

This is my 466

5 hours ago, billonthefarm said:

I did thay many years ago.  Turned the 826 into a nice 130 hp tractor.  I found a M&W set up and put on it.  It wasnt all that expensive.  BUT, in a tractor pull you will be outclassed.  The 400 series engines are so easy to build HP.  They have a much better torque curve and cubic inches matter.  If you want to pull find a 1066 and start with that.  With all stock parts you can get to 200hp.  Pletny of room to improve from there.  The little 358 is just limited.

This is my 466

a wise man once told me...

Image result for no replacement for displacement

• Like 1

On 6/8/2018 at 9:07 AM, billonthefarm said:

This is my 466

That is sooooo nice, sounds really good

Years ago I saw a 756 German that had an inline pump and a custom turbo set up whopping up in the smaller classes.  I should have taken time to talk to him but didn't.  He was running with the 4020's with 466s and staying with them.

On 6/11/2018 at 7:02 AM, Pete1468 said:

Years ago I saw a 756 German that had an inline pump and a custom turbo set up whopping up in the smaller classes.  I should have taken time to talk to him but didn't.  He was running with the 4020's with 466s and staying with them.

I remember that one it ran hard

• 2 months later...
On 8/25/2018 at 4:35 AM, fredcruiserman said:

A mate of mine run a 1246 with a neuss DT 358 with a inline pump it devolps well over 800hp and goes quiet well

That’s good for that but problem is that’s what it takes to pull stock around here I know of a 1466 with 15 mil pump in stock watched a 856 pull high 2 in 11700 and just keep pull the throttle as he needed more 7mph speed so he couldn’t open it till it would spin