Sign in to follow this  
acem

spraying burn down herbicide while planting.

Does anyone spray their burn down herbicide while planting. I have been planting with my no till drill and my wife is spraying burn down herbicide behind me. It seems like it would be easier to do both with the same tractor. Thx-Ace

We used to plant corn that way. 200 gallon tank on the front of a 6080 pumpkin pulling a 4 row planter. Always seemed to have more possibility of a breakdown. If that tractor was down you were at a standstill. I prefer two passes. We are fortunate enough to have a top air 1600 gallon tank and 80' boom for spraying. It's okay for the most part. 

Yep. This my third year no-tilling soybeans with my 20’ Tye coupled to a Blue Jet coulter cart. In rye cover crop I’m spraying Roundup and Dual with 20 gallons of water through Turbo Tee Jet nozzles spaced at 20” on the back of the drill. I have a 500 gallon tank mounted on the coulter cart. 

I did it for years with a set of chem farm saddle tanks and nozzles on the back of planter. Didn’t like all that chemical residue being on the planter from drift but did like the fact it was “one and done”