Sign in to follow this  
KyleM

Safemark tires any good for pulling?

Found a nice set of 18.4x38 safemarks  with 30% tread to go on my 560. Anyone have luck with safemarks? Or should I hold out for field and roads? Was going to get new 16.9 field and road but don't think they make them anymore. Opinions appreciated. Thanks!

They seem to be one of the better ones. Field and roads, Armstrong hi power lug, safemarks, all pretty good

We had a set of safemarks on our 1066 when dad bought it back in the early 80s. They gave good service until one got a stob run through it, not really it's fault. I haven't seen any in years. Thx-Ace

I think you are right that they don’t make the traction field and road.  I think it is called a SAT II.  It looks like the radial except the tread bar placement is a little different. We have three sets and they work well on the chore tractors.   We have no safe marks but we did have a few Akuret tires that were priced well and held up good.  

Quite a few guys around me swear by them on the track..................I'd rather have a 151 Firestone.  We could argue all day about it here.  Best set we ever had for pulling on anything was an old set of Riverside 45 degree 14.9's..........They were old and hard and just worked.  Knowing what I know now, I should have stripped them off that tractor when I sold it.

I like the SAT II's for the money, alot don't though.  

I have them on my other puller, a john deere A thats just built mild for pullin (not like my M!)  and I do like them.  I never thought to much of them untill I saw how much others appreciate them. They are old and road worn about 40% tread left. They always put the power down. I didnt think it mattered if the track was soft or hard as long as I got my PSI and weight/balance right. I always powered out. Makes me sad when I see how rough of shape the sides of em are getting.

On 5/17/2018 at 10:55 PM, TP from Central PA said:

Best set we ever had for pulling on anything was an old set of Riverside 45 degree 14.9's..........They were old and hard and just worked.  Knowing what I know now, I should have stripped them off that tractor when I sold it.

I bet for the right price you could probably get them back. LOL!

20180519_130159.jpg

• Confused 1

Hey Bitty, those are the exact tires and the tractor they were on that Tyler is talking about. I know where they are even though it's not on our farm.

He did a rattle can job on it when I worked on the engine for him.  It is in a shed behind another one at the moment so I only snapped a shot of the wheel an tire today but when I get to that farm again I will have him get it out and take a picture of the whole tractor.  It's not bad for a rattle can job.  He was only interested in preserving the tractor for now and will maybe tear it apart in a few years if funds permit to do a nicer professional job.

That is neat, my brother will enjoy that..................That could maybe be the tractor that contaminated him, along with a GW that was here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1