augercreek

Putting her to work

Here  are a few pics from yesterdays work. It was fun to take Bessie out and work her on some new gardens for a garden center. She finally got to do some hard work that made her snort a bit ! The temp gauge finally came up off the peg! Real rocky ground we did about one and a  half acre, over it three times. It's a Howes tiller , worked quite well too. I didn't have a place to hook up a top link so I just chained it to the lift arms.

to take Bessie threw the new garden plot !   She finally got to do some hard work that made her snort a bit and get the temp gauge off the peg !

the rebuild 006.JPG

the rebuild 007.JPG

003.JPG

006.JPG

looks like it worked the ground up nice! tractor looks good too.

Though I would hesitate to call that rocky ground- I don't see anything the size of grapefruits or cantalopes laying around.:lol:

Only a few grapefruit size but lots of base ball size! It bounced a lot and even shook the linch pins out! Had to put bolts with lock nuts on so it would stay in the hitch. 1st gear with torque applied 3/4 throttle seemed about right.

You have a good lookin tractor there.

Looks good

That's making me miss my 300U!

Looks good. Am I seeing things right; there is no top link used?

Yes there is no place to put the top link on the U so I use a chain around the bar that the lift arms are on.

23 minutes ago, augercreek said:

Yes there is no place to put the top link on the U so I use a chain around the bar that the lift arms are on.

One of the guys I work with has a 300 Utility and he says he has top link and Fast Hitch. So when I saw yours I was confused.