Sign in to follow this  
red tractor fever

Oscar's Tractor Show

Here's the pictures my wife took at today's show. Weather was great. Met a forums member. And the veterans enjoyed all the tractors. There were some green tractors there. Funny thing my wife seemed to miss taking pictures of them. Yup, my wife is a RED POWER girl. So it wasn't a accident. It was by design. Enjoy!

20180515_110501.jpg

20180515_110453.jpg

20180515_101704.jpg

20180515_101643.jpg

20180515_101547.jpg

Great pictures. Is that a C with wheatland fenders and a heavier front axle? Your wife picked all the right tractors to take pictures of.

6 minutes ago, metamora farmall said:

Is that a C with wheatland fenders and a heavier front axle?

I thought I heard someone call it a W-2. Can't prove it by me either way. Just what someone said.

Nice pictures. 

Thanks for the pictures. Good to meet you and enjoyed the visit.

Good pic's.  Looked to be a nice day for the show. Thanks for the pic's

12 hours ago, red tractor fever said:

I thought I heard someone call it a W-2. Can't prove it by me either way. Just what someone said.

I'm far from a W-series expert, but This is the First I ever heard anyone mention a W-2.  I think the A kinda filled that need, and the A-I the I-2 need.  Have to agree it is a really sharp looking tractor, wide coverage Wheatland rear fenders, and I like the looks of the front wheels.  I've often thought about putting 7.5Lx15 frt tires on my Super H because of the loader,  and would have to weld three mounting tabs inside each rim to bolt to the cast wheel.  It would look very similar to those ft wheels.

Looks like all the major brands had something on display.

22 hours ago, red tractor fever said:

Notice that the steering wheel shaft is steeper than the C would be normally also. Very modified if not a rare factory offering

22 hours ago, kal said:

Good to meet you and enjoyed the visit

Was good meeting you as well. Was a beautiful afternoon to sit outside and talk tractors. 

9 hours ago, DOCTOR EVIL said:

I'm far from a W-series expert, but This is the First I ever heard anyone mention a W-2.

I'm the same way. Just don't know much about the W series. I did Google it last night. Someone asked the same question over on YT. Here's a link to the what they said. Not factory. 

http://www.yesterdaystractors.com/cgi-bin/viewit.cgi?bd=farmall&th=525373

Looks like fun!  You didn't make a "sandwich " with yours!B)

17 minutes ago, TomH said:

Yes he just put the mustard on the outside of the bun.... ;)

Question!  That Tu-Tone H sitting next to your SM-TA,  is the top of the grill, hood, & gas tank just really faded, or rusty, or is it painted gold like it looks, like an early Gold Demo.

1 hour ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

Kal, was that your Super WD9?

Yes it was. It was a nice show.

4 hours ago, DOCTOR EVIL said:

Question!  That Tu-Tone H sitting next to your SM-TA,  is the top of the grill, hood, & gas tank just really faded, or rusty, or is it painted gold like it looks, like an early Gold Demo.

The H is my brother in law's. His dad bought it the same year he was born,1950. It had not ran for over 30 years. Worked on this winter and got it going, surprised at what little it took to get it running.His brother painted it this way in the early 60's. It's actually a faded silver.

Looks like a nice time. Wish I was there talking tractors with you, but work calls...   🤔

• Like 1

Nice show, thanks for the pics.  BK

On 5/16/2018 at 8:55 PM, TomH said:

Wish we could have made the sandwich. However the activities director always asks me to make sure it's near a sidewalk so the veterans in wheelchairs and on scooters can have access to it. So the sandwich was a no go but for good reason. Even sounds like the veterans talk about it for several days after the show. Takes their minds off their situation according to the director. 

9 hours ago, kal said:

. It was a nice show.

It really is a nice show just not advertised very well. I actually missed it twice because of that. Now it's ingrained in my mind when it is. And since landing the military tractor, missing it simply isn't a option.

• Like 2

On 5/17/2018 at 12:48 PM, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

Looks like a nice time. Wish I was there talking tractors with you, but work calls...   🤔

It was a nice time. The conversation went to the green side after lunch. So you didn't miss much there.👍