Sign in to follow this  
ih886/1066

510 drill question

Goin to try to drill soybeans w/drill. Question is how to set the little levers at top of seed tube that changes the boot position. I'd like to get as smooth a flow as I can & notice this setting might

make beans hang up at top of seed tube. I have the 7 tooth drive sprocket but plan to block off every other run for 15in rows. Thanks

I always ran mine in the second notch. Thx-Ace

I’m not even sure where mine are set. They are froze up I think. Beans flow good enough I don’t think I would worry too much. If you have the slow speed sprocket you will half your rate on chart and by blocking every other hole you will have to figure that. Just to get an idea you could divide lbs/acre by holes 16/21 and then multiply how many you have open. I have considered this but mine is 16 hole. That leaves one open on the end which would change my spacing depending on which way I go. I figured it was more trouble than it was worth. I just plant on 7 1/2.