mmmunce

1948 kb1 diesel install

Starting on a new project,  going to be installing a lb7 D Max in my 48 kb1.

While I'm sorting out the wiring to get this diesel to be a stand alone here's a pic of the instrument cluster I'm building for it.   Going to be using autometer and vdo gages for the  electronic's...

This unit will fit the existing speedometer hole in the dash. 

Looking for a Box, rear fenders and tailgate...

20180505_145743.jpg

when you get the electronics for the engine figured out take plenty of pictures while putting it together! then we need to have a long talk. got a similar project waiting in the wings just haven't bought the engine yet. what trans are you gona use also good luck russ    

box wont be a problem tail gate is not too bad to make fenders will be the problem been building truck beds for the old ones for 20 years but takes some special equipment to do it right but I've already got the tooling. where are you located as this is a world wide site ? russ 

2 hours ago, russ said:

when you get the electronics for the engine figured out take plenty of pictures while putting it together! then we need to have a long talk. got a similar project waiting in the wings just haven't bought the engine yet. what trans are you gona use also good luck russ    

Hi Russ,

I'll be running an Allison 5 speed automatic with the electronic's that I'm doing it's going to retain the factory tow mode via momentary toggle to switch between normal and tow mode.

I'm located just East of Cleveland Ohio.

this is a very intriguing project hadn't even thought about the Allison because of the electronics issue on other builds and eventually had to revert back to the old school 350 turbo with lots of high end internals to stand the torque and HP. guess I'll need a wiring diagram  as well as PCM keep us posted russ

Ok, started fabricating the frame.  Here a few pictures of the lb7 and Alison tucked in the fenders.

20180929_115333.jpg

20180929_115324.jpg

20180929_115400.jpg

Way cool !!!

Very nice!