Friend got a 450

DWF

A friend in NW Wisconsin north of Eau Claire who is a great guy, but not too Computer Savy picked up a 450 gas with working TA, fast hitch and narrow front just like he grew up on.

He's been wanting one for quite a while and I've been on Tractor House etc. with some luck, but they were many miles away. Sunday night I was going through Eau Claire CL not even thinking of the 450 and a 450 showed up for sale about 20 miles from him. Needs a paint job but is in good original condition, runs good and drives good. I'll get some pics when I get down there to see it.

DWF

That sounds just like the 450 Dad bought spring of 1965. Dad ran it plowing for about half a day, then it seemed like I did most of the fieldwork that spring.  Compared to an M a 450 will do a LOT of work as long as you don't get too far away from the gas barrel. Heavy fieldwork, plowing or disking, two tanks of gas a day at least, if you want to work past 5 PM.

There was an auction about 1-1/2 years ago back home, North-Western Illinois, that had Three 450's on it, consecutive serial numbers on two of them.

Can't wait to see pictures!

Archived