Diesel Doctor

Our Privacy is Being Stolen?

CALLER: Is this Gordon's Pizza?

GOOGLE: No sir, it's Google Pizza.

CALLER: I must have dialed a wrong number. Sorry.

GOOGLE: No sir, Google bought Gordon's Pizza last month.

CALLER: OK. I would like to order a pizza.

GOOGLE: Do you want your usual, sir?

CALLER: My usual? You know me?

GOOGLE: According to our caller ID data sheet, the last 12 times you called you ordered an extra-large pizza with three cheeses, sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms and meatballs on a thick crust.

CALLER: OK! That's what I want …

GOOGLE: May I suggest that this time you order a pizza with ricotta, arugula, sun-dried tomatoes and olives on a whole wheat gluten free thin crust?

CALLER: What? I detest vegetables.

GOOGLE: Your cholesterol is not good, sir.

CALLER: How the **** do you know?

GOOGLE: Well, we cross-referenced your home phone number with your medical records. We have the result of your blood tests for the last 7 years.

CALLER: Okay, but I do not want your rotten vegetable pizza!  I already take medication for my cholesterol.

GOOGLE: Excuse me sir, but you have not taken your medication regularly. According to our database, you only purchased a box of 30 cholesterol tablets once, at Drug RX Network, 4 months ago.

CALLER: I bought more from another pharmacy.

GOOGLE: That doesn't show on your credit card statement.

CALLER: I paid in cash.

GOOGLE: But you did not withdraw enough cash, according to your bank statement.

CALLER: I have other sources of cash.

GOOGLE: Those sources don't show on your last tax return, but of course, you may have bought them using an undeclared income source, which as you know, is against the law.

CALLER: *WHAT THE ****?*

GOOGLE: I'm sorry, sir, we use such information only with the sole intention of helping you.

CALLER: Enough already! I'm sick to death of Google, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and all the others.    I'm going to an island without internet, cable TV, where there is no cell phone service and no one to watch me or spy on me.

GOOGLE: I understand sir, but you need to renew your passport first.      It expired 6 weeks ago …

Lol.  So true tho

That is so very true now a days. Getting so you can't say yes on the phone without it being used against you on some calls.

I was at a bar last May and someone I was with posted a picture taken there and Facebook posted the location automatically.

Google can still take your picture on that deserted island with no people around or conveniences. 

And Facebook said who the people in the picture were automatically.

just think what your govt knows and what they are and will do with it once the infighing is settled :ph34r:;)

Scary

Yup, before you get home your phone knows you have been to Harbor Freight and stopped for beer on the way.

Let's put the source of this loss of privacy where it really began, The Patriot Act, which allowed law enforcement to monitor our phone calls, financial transactions, travel, computer use, and anything else they can stick their little pig hooves into, and now, with the advent of drones, they can overfly your property at will, in another example of UNCONSTITUTIONAL, WARRANTLESS, search and seizure, all because law enforcement has NEVER met a proposed law that they did NOT give their full support to.

As does the FBI, so does YOUR local, county, and state agencies, since they accept FBI 'training' and doctrine, as gospel from on high, and ANYTHING that hurries along their unrelenting quest for a police state, is A-OK, and most welcomed by them.

You guys actually talk on your phones???? I just use mine for the internet.....

1 hour ago, Art From DeLeon said:

of drones

I guess that I understand - more'nmore -  my chum's advocation of the "twelve barrell, double gauge" solution to them!

best, randy

10 hours ago, Art From DeLeon said:

Let's put the source of this loss of privacy where it really began, The Patriot Act, which allowed law enforcement to monitor our phone calls, financial transactions, travel, computer use, and anything else they can stick their little pig hooves into, and now, with the advent of drones, they can overfly your property at will, in another example of UNCONSTITUTIONAL, WARRANTLESS, search and seizure, all because law enforcement has NEVER met a proposed law that they did NOT give their full support to.

As does the FBI, so does YOUR local, county, and state agencies, since they accept FBI 'training' and doctrine, as gospel from on high, and ANYTHING that hurries along their unrelenting quest for a police state, is A-OK, and most welcomed by them.

For once we agree, Dick Cheney was the one who pushed the , Patriot Act, through congress.

16 hours ago, mmi said:

just think what your govt knows and what they are and will do with it once the infighing is settled :ph34r:;)

Businesses knows 10X more about you, your habits, what you believe, what your tendencies are than the Gov't does.

I just shot a Crow. Ugh!!! O no its someones Drone!!

Carefull, last i knew drones fell under FAA regs and was federal crime to shoot em?

Oops your phone just alerted the feds!

Citizens give away their privacy.  Anything we post on this website can be googled later.  No one forced the morons to post their personal data on facebook or it's clones. Every communication on a cell phone is stored for later use. I expect location data is included.  My smarts TV is really good at collecting. It has a cable and internet connection and both collect data.

Bought a new PC this year, both HP and Microsoft have the right to use anything they find on MY PC for their own use. 

Has been said that the only people who need privacy are people with something to hide!  Big brother is not just the government its every where you look.

2 hours ago, Atilathehun99 said:

Businesses knows 10X more about you, your habits, what you believe, what your tendencies are than the Gov't does.

And both business and government use data collection to influence your choices. 

Government has far less interest in influencing your purchases, EXCEPT in certain instances, which I will explain at the end, than does business.  On the other hand, government would have an interest in monitoring your purchases to compare your outgo, with your reported income.  In a small way, you see how government is involved with business, when you get an increase in junk mail after filling out your census form, has to be coming from somewhere, right?

Law enforcement is more apt to monitor your computer viewing,  especially what political/gun/ personal websites you might visit, in order to entrap/blackmail you, and they are NOT above planting the 'evidence' in your computer, or what appears in your mailbox, in order to do so.

Here is the next big thing that law enforcement will profess an 'urgent need' for:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/ai-reading-minds-producing-written-descriptions/

Law enforcement desires an Orwellian world, and they are doing their damndest to achieve it.

Art I don't think you are wrong about what the government can and will do. But I don't expect them  to just go fishing to see who may be breaking the law. More likely when they already know someone is doing something wrong, they can confirm it. 

I would love to go off grid and cash only, but it is very difficult in this modern world. 

Just a heads up if you guys care. The head of facebook is giving testimony in D.C. tomorrow at 2:15pm (?) About how facebook has possibly mislead people in the past with privacy issues and what facebook has planned for the future

I will be watching just because i have a broke ankle and am out for a while.

The simple fact is we have no Constitutional right to privacy. Sucks,but that's how it is.

Now the coercion and use of our data is another matter.

The Supreme Court has ruled that there IS an implied "Right to Privacy", which I would think could be interpreted as a Right of Privacy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griswold_v._Connecticut

Justice William O. Douglas, writing for the majority of the court, recognized the right to privacy, even though not enumerated in the Bill of Rights, is found in the "penumbras" and "emanations" of other constitutional protections, such as the self-incrimination clause of the Fifth Amendment, or the freedom of association clause of the First Amendment. The right to privacy is seen as a right to "protect[ion] from governmental intrusion." Justice Arthur Goldberg wrote a concurring opinion in which he used the Ninth Amendment in support of the Supreme Court's ruling, reasoning that the right of privacy was retained by the people. Justice Byron White and Justice John Marshall Harlan II also wrote concurring opinions in which they argued that privacy is protected by the due process clause of the Fourteenth Amendment.

Now, even this case was brought up about sexual practices, it would seem that the majority opinion extended the Right of Privacy to activities outside of the bedroom.   What the court seems to have upheld is the old saying that "it is better to let 100 guilty men go free, than to convict ONE innocent person".  

https://www.google.com/search?q=better+to+let+a+guilty+man+go+free&oq=better+to+let+a+guilty+man+go+free&aqs=chrome..69i57.13266j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

However, as is becoming increasingly common, thanks to official statements, and training coming from the FBI, and happily lapped up by ALL levels and agencies of law enforcement, the current view is that the Constitution is a meaningless scrap of paper, and has NO relevance in this day and age.

Remember that it was Homeland Security, AND the FBI who, in February of 2009, issued a secret memorandum to state and local law enforcement agencies stating that veterans, gun owners and Christians were among those to be considered "potential domestic terrorists, AND NOT ONE, repeat, NOT ONE law enforcement official of ANY agency voiced their disagreement with the assessment.

Note how the SEWAGE considered this an "overreaction":

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dhs-domestic-terror-warning-angers-gop/

https://www.csoonline.com/article/2220455/microsoft-subnet/ridiculous-fbi-list--you-might-be-a-domestic-terrorist-if------.html

According to WND, a DHS Office of Intelligence and Analysis included "right-wing extremism" in the U.S. as "divided into those groups, movements and adherents that are primarily hate-oriented (based on hatred of particular religious, racial or ethnic groups) and those that are mainly anti-government, rejecting federal authority in favor of state or local authority, or rejecting government authority entirely. It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration."

You might be a domestic terrorist if you are supporter of Ron Paul for president. Missouri law enforcement has been encouraged to report such suspicious behavior as having a bumper sticker that supports Ron Paul. A Missouri Information Analysis Center report also "warned law enforcement to watch out for individuals with 'radical' ideologies based on Christian views, such as opposing illegal immigration, abortion and federal taxes."

Law Enforcement is NOT your 'friend'.

25 minutes ago, Art From DeLeon said:

The Supreme Court has ruled that there IS an implied "Right to Privacy", which I would think could be interpreted as a Right of Privacy.

implied to mean ONLY govt and donors/lobbyist,

one reason they trashed copper phone lines

Law Enforcement is NOT your 'friend'. certainly not

have not found a single competent one in the last 20 years if they stay over 1 year they become zombie drones aimlessly following illegal orders and usually becoming top 5 in local criminals. who DO MAKE THE LAW

the good ones get patsy shot and have $800K funerals at our expense