Tonyinca

806 D with four row black eye bean cutter , getting some lip stick.

This 1966 806 was basically given to me if I preserve it . I told the owner he could not scrap that cutter and sell the 806 single front that his Dad bought new in Madera Ca for bean cutting. It would be a sin and he would go to H&ll . Next I saw him he said if you like it that much it's yours take it do want you want but when you show it mention our farm name and the 17000 acres it's done in life time. Last used was in 2012 it cut 650 acres . 

So few pictures of applying lip stick just to get us to dance this April then next year I'll get more intense. 

Reason for 15.5's in back is that he was cutting 30" rows and wanted tires off the pods. 

I am thinking I may set her up for 38" like I had back in day and go with new set of 18.4x38

tony

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Very fitting Tony. I love the looks of that tractor with the single front.  It's in the best hands possible!

This 1966 806 was basically given to me if I preserve it . I told the owner he could not scrap that cutter and sell the 806 single front that his Dad bought new in Madera Ca for bean cutting. It would be a sin and he would go to H&ll . Next I saw him he said if you like it that much it's yours take it do want you want but when you show it mention our farm name and the 17000 acres it's done in life time. Last used was in 2012 it cut 650 acres . 

So few pictures of applying lip stick just to get us to dance this April then next year I'll get more intense. 

Reason for 15.5's in back is that he was cutting 30" rows and wanted tires off the pods. 

I am thinking I may set her up for 38" like I had back in day and go with new set of 18.4x38

pic on Trailer is when I brought her home 

the sickle bar you see are for cutting plant runners the knives I powder coated silver are on work cart will mount bet for the show  . I powder coated grill screen , chrome front emblem , new Farmall emblems , fluids all changed , new steering wheel & cap , new air cleaner gauge and it works lol new tack & cable , flush sickle drip tanks and fresh oil , new left side hoses and elbows to aid in off & on . She could go to field an cut another 600 acres today . No leaks , run strong , clutch and TA  ARE GOOD ! Lol

tony

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I don't know if it's the climate or the caretaker but you'd be hard pressed to find one in that shape around here.

It's been years since I've seen one that clean and well taken care of here in original clothes.

Wow Tony , that thing is cool !!! Can I barrow that either assist so I can build one for my 1206 ? That cab,e operated setup better go under the bed protected by the 9 mm 😎 I know a guy that could paint that white on ther while he is out on his next service call 😊

Danny 

Tony - Is that gray primer showing in those spots on the white side panels?  I think that old girl had a repaint years ago.

One of the 806's tested at Nebraska had 15.5x38's.   I SO wish Dad had looked around a little longer and got an 806 instead of that Money Pit deere.

That is really Awesome! Some day I will get out there to see you and Dustin!

Looks very straight. Alot of the 706 and 806s that had 2 row mounted cotton strippers w/elevator had the single front. Is it original paint or repainted years back?

Cool!  I have never seen one before.  Thanks for sharing!

Very cool! I too have never seen one. Is there a video of one in operation?

2 hours ago, Long Farms said:

Looks very straight. Alot of the 706 and 806s that had 2 row mounted cotton strippers w/elevator had the single front. Is it original paint or repainted years back?

Had Engine rebuilt in 90's and repaint then

Tony

Just now, rcb said:

Very cool! I too have never seen one. Is there a video of one in operation?

I'll ask of he has one.

Tony

2 hours ago, Injpumped said:

That is really Awesome! Some day I will get out there to see you and Dustin!

Dustin would love to have another AC guy out here to push back on IH guys. lol.

Tony

If the 15.5 tire was a factory option, or the factory standard tire on an 806, it might be worthwhile to leave it, #1 to show a very seldom chosen tire size, and, #2, to one-up the "correct police" should they come calling.

Great looking tractor Tony. I'd also like to see it in action

14 hours ago, DOCTOR EVIL said:

Tony - Is that gray primer showing in those spots on the white side panels?  I think that old girl had a repaint years ago.

One of the 806's tested at Nebraska had 15.5x38's.   I SO wish Dad had looked around a little longer and got an 806 instead of that Money Pit deere.

Yes Doc,  In the 90's they rebuilt the engine and gave her a paint job at that time.

My thoughts are that I will repaint all the white panels next summer and try to leave it otherwise as it was in the field.

Its last cut was in 2012 ,cut 650 acres, and its ready to go if needed.

Tony

On 3/26/2018 at 7:53 AM, DirtBoyz07 said:

Wow Tony , that thing is cool !!! Can I barrow that either assist so I can build one for my 1206 ? That cab,e operated setup better go under the bed protected by the 9 mm 😎 I know a guy that could paint that white on ther while he is out on his next service call 😊

Danny 

Are these cable operated either assists rare?

Glad to see you saved it and gave it a good home! Way too good to cut up. And to us in midwest an interesting display of how you part of world operated

Good job Tony as usual. Preserving the past. That’s the only way people will understand it & they need to understand it it respect it.  Keep it up. Randy 

i wonder if it had a cotton picker on it at one time?  it looks like the front wheel is on backwards.    have to look along time to find one that nice.

A few years back I got a 1456 with original paint but she wasn't the prettiest we wet sanded it with 1500 then 2000 then rubbed it out and waxed it if your paint is thick enough ,mine was to still be used on the farm and it looked pretty good .IT had 6000hrs on it all sitting running stationary on a sawmill in Wisconsin and must not have been under cover