Patrik

Potential engine faliure

Hello 

I fear for the life of our 3588 because there is oil coming out of the joint on the exhaust manifold, not a huge amount but it coats the manifold and drizzles the filters and heatshield.

It is not smoking as if it is burning oil, completely clear after 15 seconds or so after start up. Smokes a bit from the breather tube but that's normal.

Only use it's seen this winter is moving it and some implements out of the way.

Any theories? Our local mechanic is coming out to have a look at it just want to know what you guys think of it. And hopefully ease my stomach ache.

have you run it enough to notice oil loss?

first impression  not running to proper temp,not worked !!   cheap fuel ,weak worn pump /inj

getting moisture  rain snow down stack when parked

if mechanic checks out  ok      check fluids every 1/2h and work it

still there compression test   new inj......

put some residue on a piece of cloth then dab oil stick next  do they act the same, do they wash out the same?

rub both between fingers...same   add some fine house dust to oil sample...same?

chances are it performs more like carbon black......lamp soot/condensation added (undried typewriter copy paper) ...now .stuck to your fingers / jacket....mamas washer:angry:

Fuel slobber which is common in cold weather when you're not working them

Slobber. Don’t worry about it. It will clear up as soon as you put it to work. It’s what they do. These engines don’t like cold idling around doing piddly little jobs. Once it does burn off it might even smoke a little. Run the crap out of it this spring and it will clear up. 

Yep get it out and pour the coals to it.

10 to 1 she is all good , fuel and carbon look like oil , just make sure it’s not miss firing or it could be a bad injector or broken rocker arm.  Might be a good time to pull valve cover to check everything and adjust the valves

Ok thank you everyone, i can rest easy agian as well as my wallet.