826BB

Anyone Know the Owner of this D301 Truck?

Yes, I am still obsessed with learning more about the D301 diesel powered IH light trucks. Howard Pletcher found some pictures from the 2007 Scout and Light Truck Nationals of a '61-62 C-Line Travelette mounting a D301 diesel and I attache them here. I have found one other diesel Travelette and I know this isn't it. I also know this could be a swap and not original to the truck.. but that's what I want to find out. I know there were a very few done in '63 and one test truck in '62, so a genuine ''61-62 truck (assuming it hasn't had some body parts changed) woulf be veerrry eeeterestink!

C-1200 with D-301, Scout Nationals 2007 (1).JPG

C-1200 with D-301, Scout Nationals 2007 (2).JPG

C-1200 with D-301, Scout Nationals 2007 (3).JPG

This truck was parked next to my Golden anniversary at the 2007 (100 year celebration at Scout Nationals) My best memory is that the name was something like Dakota Customs (it had a lot of digital dash additions and accessories that they would sell for your truck and was used as a display for their products.

WISH my memory was better!!

George

I thought I had gotten back here. I found the owner.

I think it was Dakota Digital in Sioux Falls SD! I saw your article in Diesel World, was well done! Reminded me I had not remembered to send you my SN and pictures of my 1966 C1300 Diesel. will do that soon.

George

12 hours ago, gmb32 said:

I think it was Dakota Digital in Sioux Falls SD! I saw your article in Diesel World, was well done! Reminded me I had not remembered to send you my SN and pictures of my 1966 C1300 Diesel. will do that soon.

George

Looking forward to adding that number to the Database. It's a fascinating and little known branch of the C-Line truck family tree.