Sign in to follow this  
dt466

DTA 360 pump

I bought an International DTA360 for a pickup truck swap project. It has a Bosch A pump, model PES6A95D320RS2779, code 0 400 846 580. According to the tag, the current fuel setting is 82 CCs at 190 hp. According to the local pump shop, the maximum fuel setting is 86 CCs, so I can only turn it up about 10 hp.

California DTA360 engines had MW pumps. Does anyone have the model or code number for one of those pumps so I can find the max fuel spec? 

Most of the build threads I read either are shooting for 400-650 hp and swap to a P pump or put bigger plungers in the A pump. But I'm just looking for 300 hp at this point, so about 130 CCs.

Dean

I have been told 2cc/hp as a rule of thumb on 466’s with enough air, so you may need  bit more fuel for 300hp.  MW pumps were on all truck 466’s from 1982ish to 1993ish, so the pump shouldn’t be hard to find.  The hub and adapter plate may be different (I think it is) on the 466’s though.  

I wonder if you would be better off looking for a bigger a-pump?  I think Mack used them a lot on trucks.

Thanks!  I never saw that before.  Another good one:

attachment.php?aid=870

Thanks for the link!  I had come across it before, but wasn't sure where to find it again.  I think timing cover mounting is the same on 300/400 series engines, but different pump series (A,MW,P) require different mounting plates.  I read somewhere that an MW mounting plate will work on a P pump if you grind a relief in it for a certain part.

Dean

If you search on here the question has been asked several times, but the info isn’t always consistent.  Good luck - it gets confusing.

Using the search function on this site only found this thread.

Googling with site:redpowermagazine.com MW pump found pages of results.

Dean