Sign in to follow this  
Bud W.

I H Dairy collectors

Are there any IH dairy equipment colletors on this site?    I need several parts for a milker for static display.

Bud, I will break the ice. I have a bunch of IH milker stuff but I don't want to sell any of it.

The only IH dairy equipment I've seen around here was a cream separator. Oh, and a vacuum valve on a 400 intake manifold for a milker.

I'm not a dairy equip collector but do farm a little and use mostly ih equip. I have a ih compressor for a cooler given to me by my sons friend. he found it amongst some items he picked up for scrapping and thought I might like it. I keep it around but have no use for it.

Thanks for the replies! I thought there might be several closet collectors of I H dairy equipment out there.  I bought most in pieces on Ebay.  Cream separators from a local farmer and a flat belt package also on Ebay.  I know we are few but a list would be helpful.

My Dad stumbled onto two 10# IH Lye jars or crocks about 8-10 inches in diameter and two feet tall,  turned Walnut bases and tops for them and made lamps from them.  He kept one and I got the other.  Not sure where His went.  I'll have to ask.

Lye was used for disinfecting milking equipment many many years ago.

5 hours ago, DOCTOR EVIL said:

My Dad stumbled onto two 10# IH Lye jars or crocks about 8-10 inches in diameter and two feet tall,  turned Walnut bases and tops for them and made lamps from them.  He kept one and I got the other.  Not sure where His went.  I'll have to ask.

Lye was used for disinfecting milking equipment many many years ago.

I've seen them on e-bay periodically, sometimes pretty pricey!

First post here on the forum.  I have a collection of IH dairy equipment.  Mostly just takes up space in the corner of the barn, but I have put together a display to take to local shows.  I will see if I can get some pictures posted.  It would be nice to know of other dairy collectors as well.

Thanks,

Dennis

I lucked out on two cream IH separators. Not a dairy farmer or anything but I thought they were pretty neat. 

Guess picture posting isn't so hard after all.  Here is my display at the Ohio chapter 6 show.IMG_20150627_144924.thumb.jpg.10b5befe4db235c1cb019d9cd7371872.jpg

42 minutes ago, barnsfull said:

First post here on the forum.  I have a collection of IH dairy equipment.  Mostly just takes up space in the corner of the barn, but I have put together a display to take to local shows.  I will see if I can get some pictures posted.  It would be nice to know of other dairy collectors as well.

Thanks,

Dennis

Keep in touch.   do you have any parts available or do you know of any?   I have three S model separators and have put together a single milker.  I need one of the  7/8" standard infators as one has a split red hose and won't stay hooked to the claw.  Do you know of any vacuum pumps?

25 minutes ago, barnsfull said:

IMG_20150627_145003.thumb.jpg.08eae8c2649be23850caddb2aa79edc0.jpg

Nice display!  My milker would look like the single on the left of your display.

Did IH engineer and manufacture their own milking equipment or did they buy an existing company and put their name on it or did a company build equipment exclusively for IH?

Raymond Loewy designed the 3-S type art deco cream separators for IH.

On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 2:34 PM, Bud W. said:

Thanks for the replies! I thought there might be several closet collectors of I H dairy equipment out there.  I bought most in pieces on Ebay.  Cream separators from a local farmer and a flat belt package also on Ebay.  I know we are few but a list would be helpful.

I'd love to see pics of your flat belt drive for the S style separator.

I have a few pieces of milking equipment seeing those pictures of that fantastic display brings back memories of selling quarts of separator oil , those expansion O-rings for the separator,and fixing pulsators,  where somebody else had damaged the screws.and overhauling vacuum pumps . That was another lifetime ago. I did go out to my shed and found that someone had dropped something on my lye crock it was NOS now is shards 

crap happens.

4 hours ago, BOBSIH856 said:

Did IH engineer and manufacture their own milking equipment or did they buy an existing company and put their name on it or did a company build equipment exclusively for IH?

As far as I know, IH developed and built all their own milking equipment.  The first aluminum pails used with the early McCormick single pulse milkers however were made by a different company. I'll have to check the name on the bottom.

i have a milker pump and 1 3/4 pail milkers (one is missing some pieces). no IH separators here.

Bud w., Which style are you looking for?  I'm not sure if I have any extras, but I do have both styles of these cups and inflationsIMG_20180309_203817086.thumb.jpg.7297f1f5d9e48838c85227455761ada7.jpgIMG_20180309_165458352.thumb.jpg.5bb4be4dd9fec3b5d170373c22b0501f.jpg the black inflations I can get new, but the short red vacuum hose might be hard to come by.  Right now I don't have an extra pump to part with, but I do have some parts.

22 minutes ago, barnsfull said:

Bud w., Which style are you looking for?  I'm not sure if I have any extras, but I do have both styles of these cups and inflationsIMG_20180309_203817086.thumb.jpg.7297f1f5d9e48838c85227455761ada7.jpgIMG_20180309_165458352.thumb.jpg.5bb4be4dd9fec3b5d170373c22b0501f.jpg the black inflations I can get new, but the short red vacuum hose might be hard to come by.  Right now I don't have an extra pump to part with, but I do have some parts.

It's the one on the left hose is attached to the inflation.

5 hours ago, silverta16 said:

I'd love to see pics of your flat belt drive for the S style separator.

I will see if I can do that, belt drive was dropped by the person I bought it from but I had it repaired. Separator and belt drive are not painted but I will try to get a picture this next week.

On 3/9/2018 at 9:25 PM, Bud W. said:

It's the one on the left hose is attached to the inflation.

The left hose (the black one) is the inflation. That is the part that sticks through the cup.  I can get those new aftermarket. Here's pic of kind I get.

IMG_20180309_165242705.thumb.jpg.c24aac86a5c8dd2279edd869b5b8d041.jpg