from H to 80

harmonic balancer

After the engine fire on the 1586 i thought that i should replace the harmonic balancer and front main seal ,it got pretty warm , does anyone know of a GOOD aftermarket one CIH wants 749$ and is it possible to get it off crankshaft by just removing radiator or does the front bolster have to come off ? Tractor has large loader brackets that will need to come off to remove front end.

A very easy repair no need to remove the bolster or radiator. Check the splines on the oil pump also

On the 15 you'll probably have to pull the fan in the Shroud out the side

Have used this company in the past very professional.  But note they are closed the month of March.

http://hbrepair.com

13 hours ago, from H to 80 said:

After the engine fire on the 1586 i thought that i should replace the harmonic balancer and front main seal ,it got pretty warm , does anyone know of a GOOD aftermarket one CIH wants 749$ and is it possible to get it off crankshaft by just removing radiator or does the front bolster have to come off ? Tractor has large loader brackets that will need to come off to remove front end.

I think the last one we got was from A&I about half price if my memory is right 

12 hours ago, 460 said:

Have used this company in the past very professional.  But note they are closed the month of March.

http://hbrepair.com

Dale rebuilt my SD240 damper last fall.  Couple days and very reasonable.  I would recommend.

Dennis

from what I've researched there are only two options, 1.get yours rebuilt from Dale or 2. get a new one from CaseIH.  I'm putting a new one on my 5488 as we speak and I got it new through IH.

Sounds like the rebuilt is the way to go shame they are closed in march.

50 minutes ago, Daiginn said:

How do we get ahold of this "Dale"

Call him.  Phone # on web site that 460 posted.

Thanks working in both directions at the moment repair and new. Anyone know who owns international "construction equipment " apparently case only purchased the farming equipment and have nor want to deal or talk about the international harvesters at my level of machine.  This being said by case themselves.

found it

https://www.constructionequipment.com/rise-and-fall-international-harvester

I didn't know a rebuild was offered

thanks for posting

I always put on new if its a tractor your keeping a long time spend the extra and get new in the long run its worth it

Ok soooo sorry i thought my last post was on my thread.. didnt mean to hijack anything.

but looks like ill be giving dale a ring soon! Might be my ONLY option.

On 2/27/2018 at 8:59 AM, from H to 80 said:

I had a 392 Hemi that the balancer was bad . and I found a place A jobber speed performance in California that repairs them. 

Also id look at possibly that same balancer is used on other vehicles at auto parts 👀👍🏿

Make sure the v-belt grooves do not have excessive wear or your wasting your money rebuilding it . I have one to 

rebuild that is good and another I feel the grooves are worn too wide.

3 hours ago, Daiginn said:

Couldnt u change belt styles or sizes to accommodate a worn pulley?

not possible with other pulleys involved  unless you wanna mix and match belts wouldn't make sense

Anyone consider those kevlar wrapped belts you typically see on implements and pto? I was considering using one on my harmonic damper/ serpentine.