Hydraulic alternating check valve

gafarm49

I remember reading that IH had a load check valve on some equipment. I have never seen one. Please post a picture if possible. The purpose of the load check was to hold high pressure on the cylinder side of the valve while the tractor side might leak down from the spool valve ( the valve your handle is connected to). The load check only opens when it gets pressure from the tractor side ( when you move the lever)

Thanks for posting the picture. That is awesome. Wish I had that on my 966. I think that's some type of load check device but I'm not sure. Maybe one of the experts on this forum will chime in to explain.  That's a clean looking tractor. Did you just repainted it?

The purpose of the check valve is to positively hold a load in positon either above ground or in the ground.  All spool valves leak down some because they need clearance in the bore of the valve to move .  Some leak more than others and worn ones of course leak the most.  They are great if you need them but are miserable to hook couplers at times because you have to have engine running and operate valve to release the pressure on one coupler at a time. 

7 hours ago, pete23 said:

The purpose of the check valve is to positively hold a load in positon either above ground or in the ground.  All spool valves leak down some because they need clearance in the bore of the valve to move .  Some leak more than others and worn ones of course leak the most.  They are great if you need them but are miserable to hook couplers at times because you have to have engine running and operate valve to release the pressure on one coupler at a time. 

Another downside is that circuit loses the ability to have a float position.

On 2/24/2018 at 5:26 AM, Maynard said:

Another downside is that circuit loses the ability to have a float position.

Ahhah, yep, just what I was wondering. 

Archived