thebunns

TD-14 Injector Nozzle Body

Does anyone have any hints regarding the removal of a nozzle body?  I have applied penetrating oil, heated the area with a torch, driven punches under the body with a mall and then put a floor jack under the wedged in punches while tapping on the body.  It looks like it may have raised up about 1/16", comparing it to the other three nozzle bodies.  I've got to get it out as something in it is preventing an injector from going all the way down into it.  I have looked in the body with a light but see nothing out of the ordinary.

I had to build a puller to get one out of  SWD9 head. If the bottom seal was not tight they build carbon deposit around the housing and get real stuck. I used a flat plat of steel about 3/8" thick .  You need to bridge over the housing with legs on the plate down to the head,  Run bolts from the injector housing thru the plat and thru a damper puller using the plat for a push platform.  Send me  you email I can take a couple of photos for you  Good Luck WOpp

I have thought of the very same solution but am not set up (or much good at) for much machine work.  The good news is, if I pull the manifold I know right where to take it do have done exactly what you've suggested.  And, if I get it the manifold out where I can see things better maybe I can figure out what's wrong without pulling the nozzle body.  If you'd like to send a picture of your setup, my address is: thebunns39@gmail.com.  Thanks!

On 2/24/2018 at 10:15 AM, WOpp said:

I had to build a puller to get one out of  SWD9 head. If the bottom seal was not tight they build carbon deposit around the housing and get real stuck. I used a flat plat of steel about 3/8" thick .  You need to bridge over the housing with legs on the plate down to the head,  Run bolts from the injector housing thru the plat and thru a damper puller using the plat for a push platform.  Send me  you email I can take a couple of photos for you  Good Luck WOpp

Here's my idea of a puller.  It's a 4" x 4" x1/4" steel plate with holes 2" apart to line up with the injector mount holes.  It sits on the injector body studs.  I pulled the injector body up until it hit the bottom of the plate.  I then beat it back down & pulled it up again two or three more times until it was loose enough to pry out with a couple of screwdrivers.  I used lots of brake cleaner and by the way---the studs were not damaged.

209.JPG

The trick I used was start the engine with the nuts loose, just enough to pop it free. Not sure if this was possible with your situation but may help someone in the future.

2 hours ago, td14 addict said:

The trick I used was start the engine with the nuts loose, just enough to pop it free. Not sure if this was possible with your situation but may help someone in the future.

I like that idea!  I hope there's no "next time" but, if so I'll be ready.

Vic