Sign in to follow this  
DT Fan

Increased the herd

I picked up a 1450 to add to my ever growing herd of Cub Cadets a couple of weeks ago. Not sure what I'm going to do with this one yet but the price was right. First shot is the 1450, came with brand new Firestone tri-ribs. Second shot got all four of my Cubs in it. I just finished mounting tri-ribs for the 782, haven't got them back on the tractor yet.

DSC00297.JPG

DSC00298.JPG

Are those 23-10.50x12 Firestones on the back of the 782?  I have 26-12.00x12's on my 982 and 23-8.50x12's on my #72 with a K321 Kohler in it.  Firestones are my favorite tire on the back of a Cub Cadet or a Farmall.

21 hours ago, DOCTOR EVIL said:

Are those 23-10.50x12 Firestones on the back of the 782?  I have 26-12.00x12's on my 982 and 23-8.50x12's on my #72 with a K321 Kohler in it.  Firestones are my favorite tire on the back of a Cub Cadet or a Farmall.

Yep. 23-10.50-12's, have a set on the 1650 too. That 782 does an incredible job. I also prefer Firestone rubber.

Guy I bought my 982 from had a 782, really nice tractor,  he borrowed a pair of 26-12.00x12 Firestones and came to the First Cub Cadet Plow Day at Roanoak, Ill back in March 2001.  I used that plow day as an excuse to buy my 23-8.50's.   I was really impressed with the increased grip over the 6x12 GY Pizza-Cutter turf tires it had on before.

My 982 had a Carlisle R-1 lugged tire on it when I bought it.  I took it to a plow day about 2003 or '04, and they just didn't grip like the Firestones.  The Firestones cost a little more but they're worth it.

782 ..2 cyl, air cooled, 17hp , Series 2 engines have full pressure lubrication (Eng. spec #24300+) , hydro drive. Optional Sleeve hitch.

184...4 cyl, press lube w/filter, water cooled, 18 hp, gear drive , heavier (1600# vs 7/800#) & wider & longer. Optional Cat.1 3 point hitch. CCR rear PTO

Both IH 1989-1981 &  MTD /CCC made later 782s ,1982+ Red 782s to Ag dealers, White/yellow 782s to Lawn & Garden dealers.

Nice herd!!!  Gotta love those red Cubs!!

6 hours ago, Mountain Heritage said:

Nice herd!!!  Gotta love those red Cubs!!

Thanks. The 782 is almost ready for green grass, (not as ready as me though). Been working on the 1650 lately for back up duty.

Always nice to have a back up!  Unfortunately I have two red ones that are “sick”. Fuel pump went on both of them 😡😡😡😡

20 hours ago, Mountain Heritage said:

Always nice to have a back up!  Unfortunately I have two red ones that are “sick”. Fuel pump went on both of them 😡😡😡😡

I just had to do the fuel pump on my 782. Running like a champ again.

2 hours ago, DT Fan said:

I just had to do the fuel pump on my 782. Running like a champ again.

I've done the fuel pump twice on the one tractor.  Not sure why they crap out all the time?  Bought it brand new, didn't last a year??

Well, since it's too wet to combine corn I've been working on the cubs a little. The 1450 is taking shape but still needs a lot of work. I took the sleeve hitch off of it and put it on the 1650. Have a line on a brinley plow, 1650 already has good rubber and wheel weights thought it the logical choice. Decided I should do a line-up before the weather goes to crap. Had to get my one off color one in there too. Took one shot of some of the parts that got replaced on the 1450.

DSC00465.JPG

DSC00466.JPG

DSC00467.JPG

DSC00468.JPG

• Like 1

That a 620 or 720 Allis?  One of the moderators at IH Cub Cadet .Com has a 620 with a loader.  They're actually more comparable to a Cub LoBoy or Cub Farmall.  Stout tractor for sure,  only problem is the Onan engine.

720, they are a stout tractor. It does have the original Onan engine. Found an electronic fuel pump set-up I'm going to put on it next year. 

A good place to shop parts is Dave Kirk Engines at KirkEngines.com.  He offers lots of problem solving parts. The last two sets of OEM Onan points & condensors I've used in my Onan have run about 55-60 hours each set.  It's going to get the Kirk Points Saver ignition next time.  That goes especially on Cub Cadets and the Onan in your 720.

And Cub Cadet Specialties for everything for a Cub Cadet.   It's just absolutely crazy what Kohler and Onan have done to pricing on engine parts.