hillman

Letter Series at Work

This was also my 1950 super A that I used to clean chicken coops out with and move a trailer around the yard

541E608C-B070-4E5A-B981-80A9FFA68FF0.jpeg

The old B still earns her keep. Over the years this tractor has done a lot of jobs, but now auger duty is about it.

DSC00196.JPG

17 hours ago, hillman said:

supply and demand plus condition is why they were there.  this is a nice thread that focuses on the little jobs the Letter Series still can do and brings back a lot of memories for many ppl. Lets keep one  thread in a positive light.  Thanks

btw I really enjoy everyone's pics so I hope we see lots more

Sorry hillman didn’t mean to start anything. I enjoy seeing everyone’s pics though good to see how reliable all those tractors are 65+ years later 

On 2/14/2018 at 6:05 PM, hillman said:

I love Letter Series ! esp W series. I did a rough tally on the total production numbers of the Letter Series ( including Supers ) and its around 1,050,000 units made without the Cub . Yet there is a few  who just won't let up on them . ....whatever. What other series of tractor made by any company sold that many tractors. AND they were not cheap throwaways like some clunkers. I have been inside enough tractors to appreciate the quality and durability of these machines.  So I thought we could tell or show with pics what little job your Letter Series still does for you. If you hate them please start your own thread on why you don't care for them:blink:  I believe the Letter Series is what started the love we have for the red tractors. IH had such a presence in the rural culture in so many ways in that era

I am just a hobby farmer /collector with a Farmall 656D and 434d as my modern tractors ;)  I try to use a Letter Series if I have a job they can do. My favorite plow is a 8C - 2  ace bottom plow with a W4, sure makes for a smooth field if I have time.

Lets see what you have!

DSCI1661.JPG

Sorry, don't know how to put pictures on here, but my brothers and I have a ''51 H, a '49 M and a '46 W-9 in our tractor "herd".  They are all in pretty nice showable, paradeable, and workable condition along with 2 and 3 bottom #8 Little Genius plows....(kinda looking for a 4 bottom for the "Old Niner").

do you know how to email your pictures? if you can I will pm my email address and I will post them for you Dukester

10 hours ago, farmallman77 said:

20150912_131056.jpg

Is that an IH #60 3-14 plow?   If so, Nice combination, SM-TA and the #60.

This is my 1950 Farmall MD taking a rest.

IMG_20180225_110931.jpg

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 7:18 PM, FarmallBob said:

Here is my 1942 H my grandfather bought new, plowing with a no.8 little genius and planting sweet corn with a 249A planter.

rsz_1rsz_20160419_141352.jpg

20170603_173428.jpeg

39 minutes ago, Farmall MD said:

This is my 1950 Farmall MD taking a rest.

IMG_20180225_110931.jpg

The pictures in all this thread are great.

The above pictures are both guy's first posts on Red Power Forum. Welcome Farmall Bob & Farmall MD! Great introductions !

Here's my Super H at work, cultivating sweet corn and tedding straw.

My Super M-TA pulling the roller harrow pounding down mole hills in the yard.

My Super MD on wagon detail last fall loading screenings.

20160626_185138.jpg

20170723_134350.jpg

20170417_195408.jpg

20170123_173736 (1).jpg