Calls on Cell Phone

DWF

I like to play with them a bit. Before they get started I ask them if they want to buy some used hay or used hog food cheap. Only $25 a ton. A lot of them have no clue what I'm selling. One said she'd buy some so I told her to send me the money ( click ) end of call !

On 2/12/2018 at 7:35 PM, Steve C. said:

Since I work on houses, I often get calls from people who've moved here from some other part of the country and have area codes that I'm not familiar with.  The local lumber company hands out my name a lot, along with a couple of others, so if I don't answer and the caller has another guy or two to call, I may miss out on a good client.

So I take most calls, although for several months I've gotten calls from the same prefix as mine, and they go like this " hi, this Wendy and our records show that you've stayed at one of our resorts..."  Haven't figured out how to block calls on my phone, so I just let it ring or hang up fast.

Funny story from last year: a guy calls from an unfamiliar area code and says ""hi, is this Steve?  This is Greg ----- ".  So I said "listen Greg, I'm really busy and I don't have time for any crap.  What have you got?"  So Greg says "I live next door to your daughter, and you've worked for me before.  I need some work done on my storage shed."

Well, I apologized up one side and down the other, but Greg understood since he gets the same calls we all do.  And the job turned out great.

Wendy calls you too??????

Dang, I thought I had something going----------

:lol:

Mike

IIRC the don't call list doesn't cover if it is an international call.

The good thing of that with them is there is usually a pause before you hear anything and often it is the background clatter of the call centre that comes on first.  So warning to hang up.

Twice in the last 2 days I've gotten a call where caller-ID showed MY NUMBER! I didn't answer the first one, second time curiosity got the better of me; 'robo-lady' wanted to know why I hadn't signed-up for extended car warranty I got in the mail a few weeks ago.

Archived