bmk

Got a buddy who recently bought an 884.  Where will the serial # plate be located on these tractors?  Do they have any problems other than normal everday issues to look out for?  Thanks.

IIRC  german 4  239   as with brothers, liner orings  AF in water  was a TSB about '73 so could be updated

884 has 268 cubic inch German diesel. 

Not sure where the serial # is. Brakes can be a problem on these. Anything from bad seals or o rings to a little plastic tube that slides down in the reservoir( a problem I've had. cheap fix but was hard to find). I've had to replace the clutch on my 685 once. People say they go through them quite often.

i own a 884. Its my loader tractor. My only complaint is that its not a 4x4. 

As handy as a pocket on a shirt. I put a clutch in it year after i bought it. 1999. I do adjust the clutch every year when oil is changed as regular maint.  Like  i said it's my loader tractor. feeds cattle Every day.

Serial number plate is on front bolster. Mostly on right side. Either on the vertical surface in front of fuel filters where bolster bolts to engine or on the side of casting above front axle.

12 hours ago, Pid 1831 said:

Serial number plate is on front bolster. Mostly on right side. Either on the vertical surface in front of fuel filters where bolster bolts to engine or on the side of casting above front axle.

Usually in the U.S. covered by a loader frame.