Boy

D-360 vs DT-360 truck vs. Ag

I know this has be a topic before but what is the difference between the blocks first off and the cranks and bore? I know in the  performance world a lot more is available for the Ag block then the truck. For the 400 series between truck and Ag it’s as easy as changing front cover and rear cover 

As far as I know the 360 block should be the same from ag to truck.  

21 minutes ago, cpoosch said:

What are you up to Stoner???  LOL.

Hahahahaha not much man!!

I read somewhere that the truck block has a .3" shorter deck height.  The truck rod journals are 1/4" smaller. D360 tractor engine bore and stroke is 3.875" x 5.085"  Truck engine bore and stroke is 4.01" x 4.751"

Dean

Take the ag crank, offset grind it to the size of the truck rods and put the right sleeves into the right block and you can have 416 inches of fun out of a 312 appearing engine! 

get the head worked and put a well built turbo manifold on it and you can play with the 400 series motors

7 hours ago, Ed Leaman said:

Take the ag crank, offset grind it to the size of the truck rods and put the right sleeves into the right block and you can have 416 inches of fun out of a 312 appearing engine! 

get the head worked and put a well built turbo manifold on it and you can play with the 400 series motors

Thanks Ed, what about as far as front  timing cover and adapter. Is it as easy as the 400s just switch them? I hear the bolt pattern for the truck is different?

are any of them have a roller cams or all flat tappit? 

Ive seen the front covers off of the 312 and 360 ag bolted onto the truck blocks.  Now there is some chance a newer version that might not interchange but haven't been made aware of it.

We have seen the front cover off of 400 series engines put on them as well.  As to the cam question someone else might have that answer, i am uncertain,  Never noticed a roller cam on a 360 but seems to me they would have been later on.