1456 gold demo S/N 13313 progress

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All 1456s rolled off the line with black mufflers. Straight chrome pipe with chrome rain cap is alright. Over size and curved chrome pipes are beyond retarded. Everything with exception of my 1256 has

That Goldie is an awesome looking tractor!! And the quick hitch is one beefy looking hitch!!

As of 1-31-2018

Posted Images

"Fabulous " , what more can be said . Will be waiting for the finished project .

Nate, this is my friends 1456 he bought new. My sheetmetal is there too so both golds match. Im way behind on mine. I have a nasty habit of buying more tractors than finishing one out. The way i see it, theres little time left to find good tractors i like but i can restore them later on. 

Were not painting it or finishing it out. We did all the mechanical restoration and sent it to IN to be finished out. 

9 hours ago, Long Farms said:

Nate, this is my friends 1456 he bought new. My sheetmetal is there too so both golds match. Im way behind on mine. I have a nasty habit of buying more tractors than finishing one out. The way i see it, theres little time left to find good tractors i like but i can restore them later on. 

Were not painting it or finishing it out. We did all the mechanical restoration and sent it to IN to be finished out. 

I know how that goes. lol

Yall do some f-ing outstanding work, good job

19 hours ago, Long Farms said:

The way i see it, theres little time left to find good tractors

Thats the way i see it to! The clean originals are getting fewer fewer! To bad my wife doesnt get that! Haha! Looking good i kinda like your way of just fixing and cleaning them up good! Paint can always come later! 

• 1 month later...

Brian ,

Its looking great !

Agree with you on finding good quality I.H.'s , You only have one chance to grab that precious one.

One thing I'll  through out on the restoration is while your at that point ,Cermicote that Manifold either black or gray , after your done and paint burns off you'll wish you did. 

BTDT ,

Tony

That is dead sexy!