red tractor fever

Rare Axle Extension

Anybody ever see this before? Found it on Dubuque, Iowa Craigslist this afternoon. Here's what the ad said.

HEAVY DUTY WIDE TREAD REAR AXLES used on IH

And it said for 1206 and 1256. 

Decided to share and see what you guys had to say.

00D0D_lgARdDh6RU2_600x450.jpg

rarely seen,  saw one tractor set up like that in all my travels over the last 50 years.  That set should be bought and set back, saved from china anyway.

I think that the inner casting part of that axle is the same as the hycrop inner piece. I never saw another one to get a casting number to compare it to.

I cn't blow that picture up but sort of looks like the big brakes on there like a 1456 wore??

ed

Friend had 806 that was originally owned by canning company.  Think they set wheels out wide for some crops they had back in the day. It had what he called cotton picker axles.

Yes, I have seen one like that this that was imported from the US. It was a 1206 and they were refered to as heavy duty wide tread rear axles. They are in the parts manual when I looked a minute ago.

Was a 1206 like that 3 mile from me in the 80s/90s.

Uncle has a 1206 with them.  Have seen a couple over the years.   Only have seen them on 06 series.  

Nate

we bought an 806 D from a jockey one time that had that axle.

21 hours ago, Ed Leaman said:

rarely seen,  saw one tractor set up like that in all my travels over the last 50 years.  That set should be bought and set back, saved from china anyway.

I think that the inner casting part of that axle is the same as the hycrop inner piece. I never saw another one to get a casting number to compare it to.

I cn't blow that picture up but sort of looks like the big brakes on there like a 1456 wore??

ed

Wrong brake pedals it’s a 06

My neighbor had a 1206 with those housings tractor currently up in Troy's area up in  Lynden WA.  Saw another 1206 at Nampa Idaho tractor salvage equipped with a set.

Was thinking I didn't pay attention when traveling, but then realized  I am not the only guy that has seen only one or two. They should sure be able to carry some weight if the wheels were kept in close

question is....does the seller know what he has?

4 hours ago, redneckchevy9 said:

I'm sure he does. I've bought a few things from him and he's a bit high on his prices. That's why he doesn't post prices I bet.

4 hours ago, redneckchevy9 said:

Ad says extremely rare or something like that. Also has other stuff advertised, guessing he's an independant tractor salvage guy from what i see in his adds....

I have seen a couple out here , one in salvage yard .

Was told it came from Santa Maria Vegetable country.

Tony

Local guy had a pair of 806 with them. He got them because he used spread axle dual set for 38 inch rows. I remember he special ordered both tractor. 

Jerry