West Texas IH 1256

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Already back on it but have some things left to change and button up on it. 

Could we please see some picks or maybe you do a video of the inside of the cab ?

Posted Images

Good find Brian.   Is there still quite a few left down there?    Glad you don't live in MN, we'd have to fight over those good ol 56 series tractors!    Does it have hope or parts rig?  

Nate

More 856s than any other 56. There was alot more 1256s and 1456s but high hours and hired hands did them in or they slipped up north.

This might be a keeper, has all the options i like, tilt steering, hyd seat, 118" long axles, 10.00-16 8 bolt, 18.4x38 wegelocks, 540/1000 pto, 2hyd, 1 factory break away, C4 block. 

• Like 1

Going to keep the hot box or remove it for a set of fenders?  Not a bad looking machine, just sat outside a lot. If it is mechanically sound it should fit right in. 

And more weights! Everything down thier has weights hanging everywhere! Up here thier rare as hens teeth! Nobody wants to give em up at a reasonable price in my opinion! Guys up here ask $150 to $300 for a set of wheel weights 100 to 150 for a suit case weight! and not the split ones either! Guess im just jealous! Haha nice tractor! Just needs tlc! 

I have a pallet (10+) of the ihc stamped solid weights i have no need for. Most weights i dont like or need go to friends place in IA. He throws them on Craigslist for less than what others are listed for and it still takes a few months to sell. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Long Farms said:

I have a pallet (10+) of the ihc stamped solid weights i have no need for. Most weights i dont like or need go to friends place in IA. He throws them on Craigslist for less than what others are listed for and it still takes a few months to sell. 

Are you saying you have suitcase weights you have no need for, or the one-piece wheel weights?