okie farmer

problems with my 3pt lift

Recommended Posts

can someone help me out ?  draft control sencer in 3pt arms wont go down ??   1970 IH 444  they worked  then senser got pushed in some how arms went up and will not drop ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

are you sure you didn't accidentally close this valve. happened to me last week, took me two hours to realise and figure it out on my B414

 

 

valve.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Thanks for ur help no it is open, its in that sensor is pushed in I need to get it to pop out somehow.  Any one have a answer for me ? ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, okie farmer said:

 Thanks for ur help no it is open, its in that sensor is pushed in I need to get it to pop out somehow.  Any one have a answer for me ? ?

The load sensor on the top link? What position is the draft control lever in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BOBSIH856 said:

The load sensor on the top link? What position is the draft control lever in?

Draft control all the way down and then the sensor is on the side by the the top link  I don't have one on my top link so I guess that sensor needs to pop out somehow 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, okie farmer said:

Draft control all the way down and then the sensor is on the side by the the top link  I don't have one on my top link so I guess that sensor needs to pop out somehow 

Move the draft lever to heavy (pulled back or up) this will move the sensor out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, okie farmer said:

I have done that several times no help ,is that what controls the sensor is the draft lever ???

Yes, it is controlled by the top link pushing or pulling. When I get home this evening I'll thumb through the service manual and take some pictures of my 444.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

any info on  the lift ???? really need to get it fixed there is an inspection plate under the seat will that let me see in there ?? to get to the draft senser ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I commented in error heavy draft is full forwards not back. Below are some pictures from the 3pt section from my I&T manual.

20180123_211645.thumb.jpg.9ef305e9a9514de01dfbdbd536c9aa62.jpg

20180123_211826.jpg

20180123_211726.jpg

20180123_211746.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Refer to last page of last transmittal. _ The last page shows the spring,p lunger, and an excellent side view cutawav of your sensor. the top inspection cover under the seat  gives some view,  Caution! don't mess with any  valves.         I suspect the spring is either broken or dislodged or the spool is stuck.  Get a manual before proceeding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5a6e8a1acbab7_IMG_7722(1).thumb.JPG.42063507f7d213bec5d115ba45b9c818.JPGIMG_7721.thumb.JPG.30a63179bb87142989e3caff44136c92.JPG i took off cover under seat and found this long spring. it looks like the end is Broken off ?  part of draft control?                                                                                                                                              where does it connect to part#, 30 on the diagram and picture .  what do i take off to fix it ? can i get this part ? Where is a good place to order it ?

IMG_7718.JPG

IMG_7720.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, okie farmer said:

5a6e8a1acbab7_IMG_7722(1).thumb.JPG.42063507f7d213bec5d115ba45b9c818.JPGIMG_7721.thumb.JPG.30a63179bb87142989e3caff44136c92.JPG i took off cover under seat and found this long spring. it looks like the end is Broken off ?  part of draft control?                                                                                                                                              where does it connect to part#, 30 on the diagram and picture .  what do i take off to fix it ? can i get this part ? Where is a good place to order it ?

IMG_7718.JPG

IMG_7720.JPG

I would try a dealer first, if no luck measure it up and try McMaster carr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now