Recommended Posts

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:25 PM, albert766 said:

We,re on our way.We got into Houston  at 6.00 pm last night.We,re in Pratt Kansas. tonight.Dodge CIty tomorrow and then Grand Island on Wednesday, should be interesting. We,re going the long way. Good roads,nice drivers and cheap fuel,what more could you want.

Well...Albert 766.....our planned trip to go the RPRU in Alabama  has had the skids put under  it......by  ..of all things   the Ministry of Primary   Industries    with the "Mycoplasma Bovis  " issues which are being felt all over NZ......we have been under quarantine for over six months...and the cost is horrendous.........

As for your comment  re drivers  ,roads and feul prices.......it is spot on...a wonderfull country to visit...been to two previous RPRU.s....good blokes...good fun

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Randy - Can we take our golf cart on the parade to the capital.  It is basically painted up like a tractor?  It also has flashing lights and SMV.

jerry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Mike  sorry to hear about your problems with mycoplasma bovis.I think it,s going to get a lot worse before it gets better especially if the bloody govt,s involved.Frank Peters is just down the road from us and he had 1 cow with it.1400 are going down the road.Anyway keep your chin up there's always next years roundup 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting excited.  This will be my first roundup.  Coming from northwest Mississippi and picking up a friend in Starkville on the way.  

I grew up on our farm in central Arkansas.  We grew cotton when I was a kid until the late 70s.   Just soybeans, wheat, and cattle after that.   I've always had a fascination for cotton though.  I'm excited to see it emphasized at the roundup.   I'm curious as to how it's gonna be ready to pick in June though.  It's only been in the ground a month or so here, and doesn't get picked until around October.

This is my dad and grandparents with our old picker.   Around '77 or so I believe.   It's an IH 420.  I believe about the same vintage as the 314 that's featured.  The 420 is obviously a 2-row, high drum though.  Bigger machine, and not tractor mounted.  (The cab was home-made, from wood - not factory)

1977-03.thumb.jpg.1211454772762ccc8c15f04342eae1fe.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On June 5, 2018 at 8:45 PM, Tonyinca said:

We recieved all the info from Jana also .

today 6/5/18  btw I voted by mail in Cali before I left . Jfyi . Lol Hoping we get soon changes . 

Anyway today in Weatherford , Lipan , Grandbury , Texas  , Carol spent much time in these parts growing up and visiting her grandparents. 

Tomorrow 7 hour ride to Little Rock Arkansas , Thursday travel to RedBay Alabama  tour our Motor Home factory and perhaps some tune ups on ours , the plan being in Montgomery on Sunday also 

God willing and Creek don't rise

tony

Saturday, pulled in to Birmingham !

getting stocked up on groceries etc. will spend nite South Birmingham then into Montgomery on Sunday . Will look for a RV park to spend Sunday , hopefully Monday will be able to hunker down at show grounds.

been on the road 9 days did a Texas tour of Carol's stomping grounds two 1/2 days then to Red Bay Alabama took a tour of our RV factory spent two nights there.

Have many factory pic's if you guys want to see them if not I will not take up RP space. Lol

hope to see you guys very soon !

tony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey tony. We can get in the campgrounds after 2 on Sunday. That came from the top dog himself👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tony bring on the pics, always like to see America.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saw Max Armstong on RFD-TV plugging the RedPower Roundup in Montgomery, Alabama.

Showed a picture of Randy (High Cotton) planting cotton at the exhibit area.

Way to go Randy!!!👍  And-----thanks to Max.

 

DD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2018 at 1:43 PM, mike_newman said:

Well...Albert 766.....our planned trip to go the RPRU in Alabama  has had the skids put under  it......by  ..of all things   the Ministry of Primary   Industries    with the "Mycoplasma Bovis  " issues which are being felt all over NZ......we have been under quarantine for over six months...and the cost is horrendous.........

As for your comment  re drivers  ,roads and feul prices.......it is spot on...a wonderfull country to visit...been to two previous RPRU.s....good blokes...good fun

Mike

Mike I did not know you dairied.  We had out break this winter from cows we bought.  Disaster....

Here we test and cull and do lots of pre dipping etc to elim transfer.  Tank gets weekly checks now not monthly.  All new hfrs get checked too.  I for the life of me cant figure out why you Govt thinks culling all these cows will do anything.  Guy we bought cows from had decades of clean samples.  Stress of moving etc brought it out.  Prayers from NW WA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10 June 2018 at 11:09 PM, TroyDairy said:

Mike I did not know you dairied.  We had out break this winter from cows we bought.  Disaster....

Here we test and cull and do lots of pre dipping etc to elim transfer.  Tank gets weekly checks now not monthly.  All new hfrs get checked too.  I for the life of me cant figure out why you Govt thinks culling all these cows will do anything.  Guy we bought cows from had decades of clean samples.  Stress of moving etc brought it out.  Prayers from NW WA

Trot dairy they are talking about culling every cow on any farm that even has only one cow test positive. I think I said about the dairy farm a few miles from us that had 1 cow show up out of 1400. 1400 down the road.didn,t even show in the milk.It can all be traced back to two dairy farms down south.I,Ve been over here for a fortnight so I haven,t really been following it closely at home.They are still talking about  compensation for everyone that have to get rid of cattle.I think this govt wants to be the first country in the world to get rid of this disease.We shall wait and see.Everything else they touch turns to crap so Icant really see any difference here.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, albert766 said:

Trot dairy they are talking about culling every cow on any farm that even has only one cow test positive. I think I said about the dairy farm a few miles from us that had 1 cow show up out of 1400. 1400 down the road.didn,t even show in the milk.It can all be traced back to two dairy farms down south.I,Ve been over here for a fortnight so I haven,t really been following it closely at home.They are still talking about  compensation for everyone that have to get rid of cattle.I think this govt wants to be the first country in the world to get rid of this disease.We shall wait and see.Everything else they touch turns to crap so Icant really see any difference here.

Trot dairy sorry I was thinking of ddt when I said it didn't,t show up in the milk.What I meant was every cow in NZ has been tested  and the one in the 1400 never showed up.I think they found it tracing back from the original infection where he had bought some cows from a couple of years before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2018 at 3:25 PM, albert766 said:

We,re on our way.We got into Houston  at 6.00 pm last night.We,re in Pratt Kansas. tonight.Dodge CIty tomorrow and then Grand Island on Wednesday, should be interesting. We,re going the long way. Good roads,nice drivers and cheap fuel,what more could you want.

Alistair , great to see you are heading to a Red Power. I know you will have a great time 

Make sure you get to Triple R Tractors (say Hi to Mike Links and family for us) site for the forum meetings each day , I guess it will be either 4 or 5 pm. Make sure to introduce yourself and mention where you are from. 

Also I guess the Alabama chapter will have a world map in the chapter building , make sure to pin New Zealand on the map. 

I know the Alabama Team will put on a great show that will be over far to soon. 

Marty,NZ

P.S Did you take a 40 foot suitcase? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now