Sign in to follow this  
1256IHman

Manure bucket tine

https://partstore.caseih.com/us/parts-search.html?csid=0732b893dcb3abeed00174a38e1454d4&sl=EN&currency=#epc::mr50613ar730382bi3107330-2

I am in need of some of these tines for a 2050A loader manure bucket part number 651576R3. The are nla through IH and I got the last few that were left but need more. Curious if anyone here would have some laying around or know where some might be. Next step is contacting a local fab shop to see about making them

if you have a fab shop with a plasma cutting table near by they could blast them out in no time with a sample to work from

Mike

If fabbing I would use AR400 possibly as it would not bend as bad as plain steel

14 minutes ago, EquipmentJunkie said:

Do yours look like this?

Replacement Flat tine Resize.jpg

Yes very close to that, they have a bevel on leading edge

Local fab shop has a laser cutter that would be best for cutting out. Was always told these are "spring steel" ?

They do have a bevel on the front and are spring steel.  I believe that your tines have a 1/2" bolt while these would be 5/8". 

Here is a link:  https://forddistributing.com/index.php/manure-fork-tine-5-slash-8-x-33-manure-forks.html

They are spring steel.   Very tough.   We have a manure bucket from a 2000 loader that dad made skidloader mounts to use.   

Nate

34 minutes ago, bitty said:

If fabbing I would use AR400 possibly as it would not bend as bad as plain steel

For wear and abrasion resistance would be a good choice but is AR400 ductile enough be used as a tine?

3 hours ago, EquipmentJunkie said:

They do have a bevel on the front and are spring steel.  I believe that your tines have a 1/2" bolt while these would be 5/8". 

Here is a link:  https://forddistributing.com/index.php/manure-fork-tine-5-slash-8-x-33-manure-forks.html

That's pretty darn close, mine are 33.5 long, 3.5" wide at base, 5/8th thick with 5/8ths bolt. Thank you very much for your input!! I guess I need to learn how to search the internet better lol, have been looking with no luck till now,

4 hours ago, BOBSIH856 said:

For wear and abrasion resistance would be a good choice but is AR400 ductile enough be used as a tine?

I'm not really sure I know that supposedly you can't really bend ar400 so I would assume it would kind of spring back

I know it's pretty rugged when you try and work with it

Some steels sacrifice ductility to improve abrasion resistance, many times they also gain strength, an extreme example would be a file.  Strong, abrasion resistant, but if you smack it against the vise it may break, in short it will only deform a small amount before fracture.  Other steels have ductility even in cold and are strong, but may have mediocre abrasion resistance.   I do not know what combination AR400 is but if it is similar to Hardox 400 it has half the ductility of most structural steels (8% elongation verse 18%) with twice the yield (130k+ for hardox)  

Good luck with what ever you choose