2350 mounting brackets

Picked up a 2350 loader for cheap and plan on putting it on my 1086 but it didn't have brackets. Does anyone have a set they would part with or would someone mind getting the specs on them. I don't have a problem with making a set. I just want it to look as close to original as I can. 

When we pull the rear mount off our hydro to split it i can get some pics and measurements if you'd like. I just don't know how soon that'll be.  I'm guessing a few weeks. In the meantime I'm sure someone else on here might have pictures and specs on it

These have been modified to wrap around the front and catch the front bolt holes for weight bracket and extend back further and catch more holes. BUT I have never had them crack or break since. So if it were me and I was building some I would do this. Having said that lots of guys get by without. These I had in my phone. I wasn't taking them for the brackets but it gives you a visual. The loader is on now. Oh and if you look real hard there is a bolt inside the front bracket .you have to use a long extension for it.

IMG_2603.JPG

IMG_2604.JPG

IMG_2606.JPG

I like the looks of them mule Thanks. Looks tough and I think I'll copy it. Can anyone tell me what size of channel iron that is on the rear brackets and I'm guessing it's 3" pipe and is  that pipe centered on 1/2" plate. 

7 hours ago, Tmtbob said:

I like the looks of them mule Thanks. Looks tough and I think I'll copy it. Can anyone tell me what size of channel iron that is on the rear brackets and I'm guessing it's 3" pipe and is  that pipe centered on 1/2" plate. 

Ill measure them if nobody responds. The Channel between the 2 sides is fairly thin metal. In the grand scheme of things I don't see it actually helping the strength all that much. I would still make them though. I would guess they are 3 1/2 or so with 1/2'' plate on the end. Remember to roll that bracket back to clear your oil pan/plug. It works real nice to hold a chain as you can see in mine and I usually have a grease gun laying in there for backup.

One of our channels broke once. I didn't think they did much either till then. Also there is 2 different lengths of the verticle  sides the lower channel bolts to. the longer ones have more leverage to hold the down on the round tubes to prevent extreme weights from ripping the round tubes off the tractor. we have some of both lengths.

• 1 year later...

Finally made time to get this finished. After getting it put on and raising it up the first time I notice I had hairline cracks in the chrome on one of the boom cylinders so I pulled it off and sent it to a machine shop.  They kind of priced themselves out of business so I ordered some new cylinders and had to change them up to fit but got them to work. Also got my remotes raised up and everything in a comfortable position to actually use. 

IMG_1013.JPG

IMG_1014.JPG

IMG_1015.JPG

IMG_1016.JPG

• Like 1

Ya those brackets are tough to find. You could probably make 5 sets before youll find a set of used ones without a loader. We tried a few years back as my uncle wanted to keep em so he could use it when he needed it but in the end he just sold the whole shootin match to us.

20180227_144019.thumb.jpg.32f96d52ec8cc8c8581cc72c5bc17273.jpg

Heres our setup

Those are 5 1/2"  pipe post caps from my local metal supply yard. I didn't like the looks of just a square welded on the end and I could see myself ripping my jeans on that. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Tmtbob said:

Finally made time to get this finished. After getting it put on and raising it up the first time I notice I had hairline cracks in the chrome on one of the boom cylinders so I pulled it off and sent it to a machine shop.  They kind of priced themselves out of business so I ordered some new cylinders and had to change them up to fit but got them to work. Also got my remotes raised up and everything in a comfortable position to actually use. 

IMG_1013.JPG

IMG_1014.JPG

IMG_1015.JPG

IMG_1016.JPG

Are you open center?

15 hours ago, 660 driver said:

Ya those brackets are tough to find. You could probably make 5 sets before youll find a set of used ones without a loader. We tried a few years back as my uncle wanted to keep em so he could use it when he needed it but in the end he just sold the whole shootin match to us.

I saw a set sell on a 1586 about 2 hours away from me without a front axle. Figured it would go cheap and I'd have my brackets. Think it brought over 5k. 

4 minutes ago, cobfly said:

Are you open center?

Yes I am open center

Nice work....

Did you modify your front brackets to wrap around to the front ?   I don’t have that on mine, but saw the post on this thread from Missouri Mule  in 2017...  although probably not totally necessary in most applications, it’s one way to make your front brackets even stronger.. 

Depending on what you plan to use the loader for, you might want to consider fabricating a grill guard to protect your grill ... nice to have if you're getting your grill close to anything that could damage it when your loader is up..

Done a lot of reading on rpm and not quite sure. I have a closed center 1086. They don't make a power beyond plate for it, thinking of adding another remote for a joy stick, but I want to keep my motor valve free for a rake. Not sure how to go about it. Any insight?

I have two original aux valves, want to free them both up. Thanks

7 hours ago, north of 60 said:

Nice work....

Did you modify your front brackets to wrap around to the front ?   I don’t have that on mine, but saw the post on this thread from Missouri Mule  in 2017...  although probably not totally necessary in most applications, it’s one way to make your front brackets even stronger.. 

Depending on what you plan to use the loader for, you might want to consider fabricating a grill guard to protect your grill ... nice to have if you're getting your grill close to anything that could damage it when your loader is up..

No I didn't add the front bracket to it. I used plenty of bolts on the sides and decided it was probably overkill. It is a good idea though. Not bad idea for a grill guard either. 

5 hours ago, cobfly said:

Done a lot of reading on rpm and not quite sure. I have a closed center 1086. They don't make a power beyond plate for it, thinking of adding another remote for a joy stick, but I want to keep my motor valve free for a rake. Not sure how to go about it. Any insight?

No I don't have any idea on a closed center system. I'm sure it's been done and figured it be easier to do with closed center but I'm not having much luck when I search for it.