Morgan

TD 9 over rev

Try this.  On mine I kept thinking the scavenging pump shaft seal was leaking, but had the tank turned off and it still kept leaking.  I pulled the scavenging valve out of the pump and watched over a couple of days to see which port the fuel was entering from.  This is how I found out it was the return line in my case.  You said you have a manual right?  There is a flow diagram in there.  If shutting the supply side fuel off at the tank stops your leak, you should be able to follow the diagram back and find your potential leak points.  Wish I could be of more help.

Is there any way to test it that you know of ? And do you have a lead on a new seal ?

Sorry just seen your other comment thank you. Im starting to wonder if there is something wrong with the return line in the tank like an crack or something. Is there a stand pipe on it ?

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Is there any way to test it that you know of ? And do you have a lead on a new seal ?

Central Fuel Injection

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Sorry just seen your other comment thank you. Im starting to wonder if there is something wrong with the return line in the tank like an crack or something. Is there a stand pipe on it ?

There is a stand pipe in the tank that is about 10 inches long on my SMD.  Mine was rubbed through where it passes into the baffle in the tank.  I figured this out by pulling the scavenging valve out and seeing the fuel was coming from the port that connects to the return line.  Before I did this, I kept insisting it was from the supply side like it usually is.  But in my case it wasn't.  If you can stop it with shutting off your supply side under the tank, it probably isn't the return line.

Central fuel injection is the ones i bought the rebuilt transfer pump from which is when all my problems started ..... but maybe if it will warm up around here ill get some more testing done.

Could still be a defective pump from them.

Central injection has the seal but will not sell them only remand pumps 

I believe I know the answer to this but here goes......1951 MD model A injection pump leaks around thottle shaft and had diesel inside instead of oil......I'm screwed aren't I ?

Sounds a lot like what mine was doing finally broke down and shipped it off to have rebuilt cost $1000 but i cant replace the old dozer for that so we will see if i made the right choice when it shows up and i install it.