Sign in to follow this  
Missouri Mule

2350 loader fit 756?

Yes with some shims to make the frame the same width as the 66 series tractors

jerry

2 hours ago, SMOKER 1 said:

Yes with some shims to make the frame the same width as the 66 series tractors

jerry

Ok. Thanks Jerry. I remember people asking about 856 and 06 but never 756. Any idea how thick the shims need to be? 

10 minutes ago, Missouri Mule said:

Ok. Thanks Jerry. I remember people asking about 856 and 06 but never 756. Any idea how thick the shims need to be? 

You could use a bunch of big flat washers as shims, no?

If you have to make up 2" I'd be using 1" plate, not flat washers. 

13 minutes ago, Rick G. said:

You could use a bunch of big flat washers as shims, no?

I would say not to. If it is 2" difference I would use two 1" pieces or possibly four 1/2" pieces to shim it 

Bare in mind the 2350 is a heavy loader.

We had one on an 826.  Same width as '56 right?  We used 1"  thick plate.   Cut it and drilled it to match the frame and bracket. Looked perfect.  Thinking about it, it might have been 1/16-1/8" too think, but there is enough wiggle room in the bracket to make up for it. 

My Uncle had a 2350 on a 656 LP. That was an awkward looking setup.

8 hours ago, MNredfarmer said:

My Uncle had a 2350 on a 656 LP. That was an awkward looking setup.

I'll agree with that!  I bought a Hydro 86 with a 2350 and it sticks out way to far. Looks kinda goofy but works well.

Our 826 looked just like that. Never thought of it as being "heavy" at all, but, we didn't actually keep it in the tractor much either(.skidsteers made it rare to actually need a loader tractor).   Plumbed into the regular outlets, it only took a minute to take off or put on.  

Was that 826/loader for sale recently?   I bet they wanted a few bucks for it. i think the loader was 5k new, way back when. 

You've got  to drill the frame rails out for the rear brackets.

I would also recommend using a larger spacer plate to tie the frame rails back to the bell housing. As has been mentioned twice now, it is a heavy loader, and it puts a lot of strain on the bell housing/engine interface and could contribute to rear main engine seal failures.

Had mine on the 826 it was fine. The frames are 20 1/4 inches on a 56 so the 7/8 in spacers are right. IH says a 1/2 in. and a 3/8 in. plate used together. I built my own spacers, but they were still available from IH at the time.

Mine was for sale the fall of 2012. Picked it up May 2013 to keep the salt and brine off of it. The guy I got it from said it was a wise choice. His blacktop was WHITE all winter. It came from Kankakee, Illinois.  I do thoroughly enjoy the ease of on and off. Literally minutes either way. I do have to tie it to something to get it to slide to get it off. No big deal when you know. First time removing it was a couple hours before a tractor ride. Got nervous cause it wouldn't slide. Tied it to a tree and within minutes it was off. My only complaint is it's length. In my old machine shed the front tires of the tractor in front of it gotta be in the bucket to get the door shut. If my shed was a foot wider the length wouldn't be a issue either. Price wise it was very fair. I haven't done anything to it I didn't  want to. Hated the muffler so I gave it a straight pipe. Added some 9 bolt dual hubs. And swapped out the implement tires on the front for 4 ribs. Previous owner mowed road ditches with it. He once put new rib tires on. Headed out to mow and a glass bottle ruined a brand new tire. So implement tires from then on cause they were cheaper. Here's a picture of it without the loader dualed up hauling some corn out of the field in 2013. Kinda unrelated cause it's a loader thread. But we all like pictures so I added some. Not hijacking just sharing. Enjoy!

IMG_0202.JPG

IMG_0201.JPG

IMG_0200.JPG

IMG_0203.JPG

I was considering selling my 2350 and trying to find a nice used quick tach loader for this tractor anyway. Sounds like maybe it would be the better option. I know there are a lot of models out there but does anyone have any recommendations that fit well and work nice on these tractors? I have seen bush hog and Westendorf loaders that looked decent and worked well. I realize that's a big question but maybe someone has a setup they really like how it works and fits. One quality I really like about my 2350 is how easy it comes off. I too have a skidsteer and other loader tractors. Really in the summer when baling hay is when it is needed. I have a skidsteer adapter on my 2350 that I would probably keep and make work for my new one. Since I already own attachments for skidsteer it made sense to do that. I have this loader on my 766 currently.