Maybe not a promotional film for machinery but this one promotes the Co-operative farming style that was tried here in Sask. in the early 1970s. Very interesting to me as I knew some of the guys in it and they farmed not far from me. I think it worked well for a while but for some reason the Co-op was dissolved and they went their separate ways. Got some interesting scenes of a McKee harvester, CCIL pull type combine and a GM diesel powered 1950 Cockshutt tractor at work. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Loadstar said:

Maybe not a promotional film for machinery but this one promotes the Co-operative farming style that was tried here in Sask. in the early 1970s. Very interesting to me as I knew some of the guys in it and they farmed not far from me. I think it worked well for a while but for some reason the Co-op was dissolved and they went their separate ways. Got some interesting scenes of a McKee harvester, CCIL pull type combine and a GM diesel powered 1950 Cockshutt tractor at work.

I was just thinking of that video the other day.  Looks to me like they tried to be Hutterites. 

Just now, Big Bud guy said:

I was just thinking of that video the other day.  Looks to me like they tried to be Hutterites. 

Its interesting to listen to them talk. Some things haven't changed much in 50 years. But some changed in machinery and methods have been major.  Back then the average guy might have farmed a section or 6 quarters so that group farming big acreage with huge machinery was pretty impressive. They had one of the first semi with grain trailers I'd ever seen. The huge 30 foot CCIL swather was something to see. Eventually they got a big Belarus 4 wheel drive tractor.  At their peak they farmed 82 quarters of land and ran a herd of 300 cattle.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Loadstar said:

Its interesting to listen to them talk. Some things haven't changed much in 50 years. But some changed in machinery and methods have been major.  Back then the average guy might have farmed a section or 6 quarters so that group farming big acreage with huge machinery was pretty impressive. They had one of the first semi with grain trailers I'd ever seen. The huge 30 foot CCIL swather was something to see. Eventually they got a big Belarus 4 wheel drive tractor.  At their peak they farmed 82 quarters of land and ran a herd of 300 cattle.  

That's awesome, some farmers in Switzerland have something similar as does farmers in that documentary did, most of them there that did it were dairy farmers so they were able to build a bigger barn and others pool some of the Equipment called a machine ring. I seen one of does CCIL Swathers in a Combine Junkyard in my area sadly they sold everything a view years ago.

A very nice bunch of films thanks.