WishIhada1466

806 Hyd Pump Options

I recently bought an 806 and it is going to need a main hydraulic pump. I'm wanting to go with a 17 gpm pump and a 2300# relief valve for loader work. I was wanting a hy capacity pump but the largest they offer is 15 gpm. My other option is an A&I that's 17gpm. I'm just not sure I trust an A&I pump. Last choice is Case IH. I work at a dealer and will get a pump at cost that is why these are my only choices. Any opinions on the A&I pump?

Well, you had a 12 in rear and 9 in front, so 21 gals a minute through that filter .  That is a lot of oil movement for a tractor that only holds 14 gals of oil in the rear unless plugs pulled on inner axle.   I know people use the larger pumps and get by but then some people smoke cigarettes and don't die of lung cancer also.   

I really do not think you would find much difference in operation between 15 and 17 gpm how long does it take to cycle your loader? if its 30 seconds 10 % more capacity gpms would at the most give you 10 percent faster or about 3 seconds plus you will run your oil a little warmer ALL the time. On an 806 it would give you more time to find reverse. I had an 806 gas w 2350 loader for about 10 years lifted good but had to rebuild the shift linkage ever year or two .This  was way  before aftermarket rebuilt covers with chrome moly bushings were available.

i

On 9/22/2017 at 5:26 PM, SMiller said:

I would also install a double filter kit.

Does anyone still make the double filter kit? I've seen in old post people said the company who sold them that they were NLA. 

9 hours ago, ArkLa 1086 said:

Does anyone still make the double filter kit? I've seen in old post people said the company who sold them that they were NLA. 

They still show as listed, give them a call. Used to be a lot of dealers on here that sold them.

http://www.allied-precision.com/27336.htm

On 9/23/2017 at 9:16 PM, Thesd5488 said:

You can put the 17 In and with little work put a 560 9 Tom piggy back and have 26 gpm

Could you explain that a little more? I'm aware of the 17 gpm pump but I haven't heard of a 560 9 Tom piggy back. Reason is I bought a 500 gal. 38 ft pull behind sprayer dirt cheap a few years ago and my 1086 is a '76 and I don't know how well the hydraulics will operate the hydraulic pump on the sprayer and I'm looking into what options I may have in upgrading the hydraulics short of buying another tractor just yet.

Can you get that double filter kit for a 1586?

i use my 15 on the loader and would like to upgrade the hydraulics also 

let me know what you figure out

Hate to say this but open center system has to be carefully matched to motor size to work at all.  Bigger pump will cause more heat build up.  

1 hour ago, IHCfarmer said:

Yes they have the kits for all the tractors.

You actually have to install a '86 series hydraulic filter cover when installing the double filter kit.

The 560 has 9 gal pump for steering it bolts to back of hyd pump it pumps oil through another outlet in the hud pump the cast block your 806 pump bolts to needs to be machined for that second hole 17+9=26gpm I've ran a 1066 with this set up it really moves a loader. Lees repair in Inwood ia has done these

18 hours ago, SMiller said:

Yes they have the kits for all the tractors.

You actually have to install a '86 series hydraulic filter cover when installing the double filter kit.

20 hours ago, IHCfarmer said:

Actually I think that the planetary rear end is in the way to put the second filter kit on. We had looked into it around '98 after we got a 1586 with some issues we had to straighten out

3 hours ago, bitty said:

Actually I think that the planetary rear end is in the way to put the second filter kit on. We had looked into it around '98 after we got a 1586 with some issues we had to straighten out

They make a kit for them as well...

http://www.allied-precision.com/15733.htm