Tonyinca

Another Mid- West Beauty,To retire in CA.

Hi Guys,

At Des Moines RPRU , My jaw dropped when I saw this 1206,  I asked Danny about it and He introduced me to the owner : Rick Van Zante of Pella Iowa.

Showed it to Carol ,because for some reason this City girl ,wife of mine is attracted to 1206's.

Well, as it was meant to be as we were leaving on last day Rick was driving it back to his truck and I stopped to say goodbye and gave him my card and said, "If you ever decide to sell ,please give me first chance" .

Few weeks later He call and we had agreement and yesterday 9/15/17 it arrived.  This time not behind J.D, tractors but behind three new J.D. skidsteers.

In title I said Septembers are getting expensive because it ironic that  Danny's 1456 Goldie, Wilson's 1468, Ricks 1206 all arrived in September of 15,16,17. All with New from factory J.D. equipment in front of them as very nice bug screens. lol.

I want to say Thank You to Rick Van Zante & Family for the tremendous job they did on this 1206 IMHO , and for the Quality relationship & transaction.  RED POWER PEOPLE ARE THE BEST.

Also a shout out to Ryan Peters for taking a pallet of suit case weights, To Ricks, that I had bought from him some years back , ( They are for the Goldie) They arrived under the 12 ,Thanks. Also Dean at Valley transport of MN. for getting this load put together , Trucker Scott Kearns ,who saw to it that 12 was not molested in any way.

Few pic's of arrival, First night celebration , and she is going to live in close quarters with Her cousins for perhaps month & a half as the new shed /toy box is on fast track now that Fresno County has given its blessings with a Building Permit finally.

Tony

IMG_5167.JPG

IMG_5168.JPG

IMG_5173.JPG

IMG_5175.JPG

IMG_5180.JPG

IMG_5181.JPG

IMG_5182.JPG

IMG_5183.JPG

IMG_5184.JPG

IMG_5185.JPG

IMG_5157.JPG

IMG_5158.JPG

IMG_5159.JPG

Congrats Tony. That machine is as sharp looking as they come. Would be a crown jewel in any collection!

Congradulations it looks sweet on that biggins rear rubber

Look great Tony. I know my 1468 is in good hands.

1 hour ago, ihman1468 said:

Look great Tony. I know my 1468 is in good hands.

She is very protected , We have changed all fluids & filters, and added a master switch &  keep her on battery tender.

No leaks or wet spots, will start without either ,except in winter.

I finally got all the exhaust parts,  as you may notice in picture, I am experimenting with going back to mufflers on Her. Project is  not done yet need the heat shield and tighten and straighten . The strait pipes are loose and wobble . afraid when trucking road vibration may break manifold and have tried tighten and with different clamps will not look as good as you had.

So,  trying mufflers with shorter extensions , We are working on making a clean attachment to heat shields .  Pipes & clamps were CeriKoted , Shields came chromed.

Tony

Another nice addition to the collection Tony

Congratulations sure looks good , How about a picture of Carol driving?

She is a beauty!   Cant wait for the new building to go up, ....cant wait to see whats going to fill it!

Very nice indeed! I'd be smiling too!

Congratulations,  Tony!  Another fine addition to your collection. Here is a photo I took of the 1206 during the Roundup this summer. 

20170615_150359.jpg

Thank You , For that picture !

She had me at hello .:wub:

Tony

Tony, are there many row crop muscle tractors in your area? By the way very nice collection!!

tony!! you gotta stop buying that kind of tractor! if that grin gets any bigger, your face might split wide open!:lol:

So you got the oil pan tractor!? You are one lucky guy! Congratulations! Just so you know my fingerprints are on the oil pan so i could say i touched an IH m&w oil pan! Lol!

44 minutes ago, 660 driver said:

So you got the oil pan tractor!? You are one lucky guy! Congratulations! Just so you know my fingerprints are on the oil pan so i could say i touched an IH m&w oil pan! Lol!

Not anymore im sure it's polished by now

2 hours ago, mader656 said:

X2

I like it to

I think everyone took pics of that 1206! here's mine. Nice tractor Tony, Im sure Carol will enjoy it!!

20170616_120044.jpg

20170616_120247.jpg

3 hours ago, mader656 said:

That statement you can take to the bank!

Very nice addition to your fleet Tony.  Great to see tractors of this caliber continue their life at another great home.  Good luck on that new building Tony.

9 hours ago, 1086plowboy said:

Tony, are there many row crop muscle tractors in your area? By the way very nice collection!!

There use to be in the 60,70,80's  In my immediate area however the Farm crises of the 80's changed the landscape .  Row crops began disappearing and Vineyards became the new crop . Both Wine grapes & raisin grapes.  I was never  a vineyard guy I stayed with row crops , ( Cotton, Black eye beans, Alfalfa , Some silage corn ) and planted a rather rare crop at time , Almonds on 20 acres, learning process nearly broke me but in retro spec they ended up saving me and giving me the freedom I have today. So there went the rest of the row crop tractors in trade for orchard tractors.

That is my area's story  However , up North there is areas of row crops and south of me there are many dairies and still many row crops . West of me to the coastal areas of Salinas & Santa Maria there is flourishing Vegetable Farms . They use row crops, and mudders and rubber track equipment.

The stuff I grew up with and farmed with have disappeared a lot , Thus I am having to buy Mid West tractors to satisfy my youthful lust for those girls that I could not afford back then .  The ironic thing is many of these mid west girls were originally from Calif. and now here I bring them back .lol.

Tony

5 hours ago, 660 driver said:

We lifted finger prints by the missing and loose pan bolts:lol:

Tony

1 hour ago, 5488Duke said:

Very nice addition to your fleet Tony.  Great to see tractors of this caliber continue their life at another great home.  Good luck on that new building Tony.

Thank you and Congratulations on that fine fleet you just washed. I am envious of a working fleet that nice.

Tony 

8 hours ago, ny bill o said:

tony!! you gotta stop buying that kind of tractor! if that grin gets any bigger, your face might split wide open!:lol:

Bill ,

Carol said ," I cannot believe it ,I never see this kind of excitement unless a truck is pulling in from mid-west with a Red tractor"

Humm! I took the hint ! I am not stupid ,(I thought) Next morning I smothered Her with excitement .:wub:  She said don't over do it now:(

Tony