Jump to content

Rantoul 2017 - pictures


Cooter

Recommended Posts

There is so much awesomeness there you cannot take it all in with just one day. I really wish I could have brought stuff and stayed longer. But here are some random pictures for your enjoyment:

IMG_4251.thumb.JPG.d9c52c2af265d8a065915f4bf74a4b31.JPGIMG_4252.thumb.JPG.995d086f5e4cffed4a2a70f08d88059a.JPGIMG_4260.thumb.JPG.df27c9af0e3d569a9508fe113c5f6634.JPGIMG_4261.thumb.JPG.d39faae06c995721a79cbfe1804f09bb.JPGIMG_4263.thumb.JPG.52cfecacced76bc35ad2a986c84568c7.JPGIMG_4262.thumb.JPG.c55f9adeac0c89b7ae0c68ee22a8325e.JPGIMG_4266.thumb.JPG.5d9e7da1de739f8bab785010584ea882.JPGIMG_4267.thumb.JPG.32ef9e6247624827472c9795f1ef1fc7.JPGIMG_4269.thumb.JPG.fab31a975121bfa111cad1649651c913.JPGIMG_4272.thumb.JPG.879f78be1c04be507512cad192dcc79d.JPGIMG_4280.thumb.JPG.6ec94fa6a0fd25b9697053629787c31d.JPGIMG_4289.thumb.JPG.cc0d6ac0f3cbeecbb182dace24733159.JPGIMG_4292.thumb.JPG.587216556900dcfa8a2c5b444cd97bfa.JPGIMG_4295.thumb.JPG.f22c4ddd1c89b37c882a716964f69c99.JPGIMG_4307.thumb.JPG.77386bbbf16afcf413f12a4253d95a8a.JPGIMG_4308.thumb.JPG.158661acf783e48157f9168b40f4ae69.JPGIMG_4309.thumb.JPG.ce54155aa8ea2b16af050d8d9db417cd.JPGIMG_4315.thumb.JPG.a5f3c6470a5fb6ec2cc1aeef32bb9ce1.JPGIMG_4316.thumb.JPG.6fb7b615f3dde85f086e2e22342a0ef6.JPGIMG_4332.thumb.JPG.07d025e56c40bb23328ae25ef37f1be4.JPGIMG_4332.thumb.JPG.07d025e56c40bb23328ae25ef37f1be4.JPGIMG_4333.thumb.JPG.35f67c9b6d04a2146142ff96c3154773.JPGIMG_4334.thumb.JPG.b076d12e95131f985598b3cca1c25493.JPGIMG_4339.thumb.JPG.56577de4d36fb9ac885902da2c1e5855.JPGIMG_4340.thumb.JPG.24aa1d4c7a780fe41355953f8a036caa.JPGIMG_4343.thumb.JPG.6c2ab92cb05f069448daf47c39570c15.JPGIMG_4344.thumb.JPG.dea67a596efba4566ea84de06bcab7aa.JPGIMG_4346.thumb.JPG.43ac9016a9d3037e284777a7815231d7.JPGIMG_4348.thumb.JPG.e0fd615c179a221a21f0f24ec1af863f.JPGIMG_4349.thumb.JPG.9b12b6573c5a9dec3c0de882f30537b0.JPGIMG_4350.thumb.JPG.b85a02c1a04432056234bfef9157df97.JPGIMG_4351.thumb.JPG.28f66d9148fe7f1d3bfce580b54e59cb.JPGIMG_4352.thumb.JPG.57a98b1139ceb58267ab52b0b49454d8.JPGIMG_4364.thumb.JPG.f7bab81482a76db5aeebf875b8d5f881.JPGIMG_4365.thumb.JPG.a4c47e51e8b440eae16d9432f4189468.JPGIMG_4379.thumb.JPG.8ba49a5776699a2c38c7cd087c434807.JPGIMG_4381.thumb.JPG.8688a2a09394f46092e6bf4de2d0a5ae.JPGIMG_4385.thumb.JPG.43078999cf4bb0caf0b6e90c91000187.JPGIMG_4386.thumb.JPG.b1540e5ee37ef48077d4a50211985868.JPGIMG_4393.thumb.JPG.c4d03d0188f3b2f80f2cd23a22819070.JPGIMG_4395.thumb.JPG.20f3c88208ea433f06a031e8a37d1e0a.JPGIMG_4398.thumb.JPG.4f2c04d1c08c92f2543d267aa1e52d94.JPGIMG_4399.thumb.JPG.dbb479f307fd85ab96f11432d546e8c9.JPGIMG_4401.thumb.JPG.ba75796759345778d063dbb6c0608cd7.JPGIMG_4402.thumb.JPG.bd48f9ce43d85b6382acfcdd131ac7cb.JPGIMG_4404.thumb.JPG.c15eb48b82af9c284d90c00e440a4609.JPGIMG_4414.thumb.JPG.cca659df34ecbc33535561f2f809a2a0.JPGIMG_4425.thumb.JPG.9d5cd220e620200b4ae28c51b2d65865.JPGIMG_4426.thumb.JPG.b08f8695cae9ecb08eea00e4f4d82ce8.JPGIMG_4428.thumb.JPG.a8383931920e51b0bbcbac1e9ddd396a.JPG

IMG_4387.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites

That has to be the cutest little thing I have seen in a long time, must have got that from Mom!!!   Thanks for the great pics, that is a great show and it's been on My list to do.  It has now moved up the list.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The picture of the M with 4-row cultivator,  That's a #461 correct?  There were brackets to bolt onto the front bolster of M's so you could swing the sides into place,  but on late Super M's, SM-TA's, 400/450 it just pinned onto the bolster, swung against the frame, a rectangular locator bolted to the frame to support the side, and one bolt held the side of the cultivator in place.  About as quick and painless mounting as possible.

That M has power steering, Char-Lynn in fact,  Would be nice to cultivate, or "PLOW" 20 acres with that old girl.  No fenders, so it would have to be laying by.

The Allison powered D-21 sure is popular.  Would like to see Bill Newlon's G-1000 parked next to it.  The M&W "H" is interesting.  Lot more levers on it than the '39 H we had years ago.  I wonder if there's an M&W "M" somewhere?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the white grill and hood a demonstrator paint job? Farmall H 

Link to post
Share on other sites

More questions who made that cub cadet 9 speed transmission . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 560Dennis said:

Is the white grill and hood a demonstrator paint job? Farmall H 

No, not from IH. It looks nice though and shows off all the M&W products well.

Great pics, looks like a great show.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Super pictures , applaud the exhibitors that mount the equipment make the effort to get there tremendous amount of work ? Then have it operational ! Just awesome ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Good morning,     The M&W Display was very nice,    5 tractors in the display  "Original cub (in the picture) 2 "H's" ,  "B" and an "M",      "M" was Attached  to a restored M&W dyno for display,   a table of displayed   M&W  internal tractor parts,  The Folks at the display  were fun to listen to  "Great Story's".   

We went to this show on Thursday to watch the "Corn Pickers"  (We Enjoy these tractor mounted monsters gobble corn stalks)   But we got caught up in the "beautiful displays"  We missed them picking. ( in 2019 we won't miss it)  Friday  &  Saturday we  have family commitments .

The 2 small children in the picture in front of the 7288 are "Cooters"  ( Yup,  they got there looks from "Mom & the Grandmothers!")

2019 we will take the camper & Tractors!!!!

Very nice people at this event,  Everyone is your neighbor,  Folks we haven't met yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 560Dennis said:

More questions who made that cub cadet 9 speed transmission . 

M&W made that over/under drive gearbox.  Bill DeTurk has posted here years ago,  He did a lot of research on M&W and specifically that gearbox, he had a CC Original with one, they only fit originals, bolted between the steel frame and cast iron transmission housing.  But M&W only made 50 or 100 of them, maybe two batches of 50?  I forget the details of Bill's post.  He passed away several years ago.

But I always thought a Cub Cadet should go 10 mph, maybe even faster.  But Originals only had one weak band brake on the left rear wheel,  all newer CC's had a disk brake that braked thru the differential, if adjusted properly you could lock both rear wheels.  

The 4 page brochure M&W made for the 9-speed also had their front mounted weed and brush mower for mounting on the Cub Cadet. They made and sold more of them than the gearboxes. Bill D. had production numbers on those too.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

When " Cooter"   and the Kids and   "I"   were wondering through the tractors,  We Came across this "660" .   (part way through the pictures) look closely,  It has a Turbo  361 bolted to the "TA" housing,   Very clean job,  was this a common repowering in a 660?

We have a few "W9's", haven't done much with them.    I have looked at several "660's" to purchase,  but haven't found one that was a real powerhouse, Could someone share some info on this repower.   Thanks Jim

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DOCTOR EVIL said:

The picture of the M with 4-row cultivator,  That's a #461 correct?  There were brackets to bolt onto the front bolster of M's so you could swing the sides into place,  but on late Super M's, SM-TA's, 400/450 it just pinned onto the bolster, swung against the frame, a rectangular locator bolted to the frame to support the side, and one bolt held the side of the cultivator in place.  About as quick and painless mounting as possible.

That M has power steering, Char-Lynn in fact,  Would be nice to cultivate, or "PLOW" 20 acres with that old girl.  No fenders, so it would have to be laying by.

The Allison powered D-21 sure is popular.  Would like to see Bill Newlon's G-1000 parked next to it.  The M&W "H" is interesting.  Lot more levers on it than the '39 H we had years ago.  I wonder if there's an M&W "M" somewhere?

That is correct.  Not sure about the number however (?).  Dad used one on his H when he was about my age.....it's still at the farm, but it's turned green by now.  He said it'd take a whole day to mount it by himself and then another day to dismount it.  Lots of jacking and struggling he said.  

 

That was my favorite set of photos too.  You don't see many of those cultivators on tractors anymore, likely due to how difficult it is to transport it.  

 

Nice photos.  Thanks for sharing them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DroschaFamilyDairy said:

When " Cooter"   and the Kids and   "I"   were wondering through the tractors,  We Came across this "660" .   (part way through the pictures) look closely,  It has a Turbo  361 bolted to the "TA" housing,   Very clean job,  was this a common repowering in a 660?

We have a few "W9's", haven't done much with them.    I have looked at several "660's" to purchase,  but haven't found one that was a real powerhouse, Could someone share some info on this repower.   Thanks Jim

The easiest repower for a 660 is the 301. However don't count out a d282 thats been done right. Ours is tired and noisy but it pull 4x16"s all day without much smoke. Will do it 3rd gear on the flats too. There is some question as to the rear end holding up to a turbocharged d361. Our rear end has been good but the steering not so much. So beware of the steering if you go to buy one. It should turn easily to both extremes otherwise if it binds there isn't much for replacement parts.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the pictures------------------had to swipe the M and 4 row cultivator to my picture files.  Don't know the model # on that cultivator-------------but it is the later version with the toolbar mounted as a diamond.   The earlier model #448 had the tool bar mounted flat as pictured below.   I still have a few odds and end cultivator parts laying around from the 'M' days when my dad was farming

Am pretty sure this picture came from a RedPower post (maybe from Tony??)------------seems like this picture came from someone who had worked with a dealer out in California???    I have it labeled as a #448.

 

59a1d47c691c5_FarmallM448cultivator_California.jpg.a8e25dd7824dc3964605803cd0b4ae8a.jpg

 

Thanks---------

 

DD

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Delta Dirt said:

Thanks for the pictures------------------had to swipe the M and 4 row cultivator to my picture files.  Don't know the model # on that cultivator-------------but it is the later version with the toolbar mounted as a diamond.   The earlier model #448 had the tool bar mounted flat as pictured below.   I still have a few odds and end cultivator parts laying around from the 'M' days when my dad was farming

Am pretty sure this picture came from a RedPower post (maybe from Tony??)------------seems like this picture came from someone who had worked with a dealer out in California???    I have it labeled as a #448.

 

59a1d47c691c5_FarmallM448cultivator_California.jpg.a8e25dd7824dc3964605803cd0b4ae8a.jpg

 

Thanks---------

 

DD

 

And there was a model #455 between the #448 and #461.  Dad had a #455 and traded for the #461 a year or two after getting the SM-TA. #455 fit on the SM-TA and 450 but the #461 mounted much quicker/easier.  Except for sliding the rear wheels in on the axles and putting the drawbar back on you could almost remove the cultivator to mow hay, then put the cultivator back on,  then take it off again to rake and bale.  By 1968 we didn't even have a rear gang to remove tire tracks so no messing with the wheels or drawbar.

I used the selective lift valve on the SM-TA one year 55 years ago but forget exactly how it worked.  It raised/lowered both sides of the front and the rear gang in the center position.  To raise each side separately you moved the lever to the side you wanted to raise or lower for doing point rows.  But I can't remember how you dropped the front gangs first then lowered the rear gang after you got into the field a tractor length.  The Lift-All had a delayed drop for that but you used the selective lift.  Guess I'd have to play with it a minute.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, drglinski said:

That is correct.  Not sure about the number however (?).  Dad used one on his H when he was about my age.....it's still at the farm, but it's turned green by now.  He said it'd take a whole day to mount it by himself and then another day to dismount it.  Lots of jacking and struggling he said.  

 

That was my favorite set of photos too.  You don't see many of those cultivators on tractors anymore, likely due to how difficult it is to transport it.  

 

Nice photos.  Thanks for sharing them.

there was a 455 model that looks similar. my dad had one

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just could not see everything in one day . 

I need a favor? 

If there are any Super C's with cultivators please post pictures of tool bar ! I got mine new super c cultivators lay out in the driveway and o my ! The tool bars do not match the farmal c 244 , oh oh ! Now I  a got ❓🚜🏃👀🤓

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

Well.....i guess i have some smooth talking to convince ma we should road trip in

You will never go to a better tractor show. Lots of beautiful flat land in that area, nothing but clean fields of corn/soybeans. You will need a golf cart and a full Fri/Sat to take the show in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

Well.....i guess i have some smooth talking to convince ma we should road trip in

Bucket list of tractor shows right there.....wonder if my "utv" works...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to see that 956 XL in the line up...pity more of those didn't make it  to North America....great tractor;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mader656 said:

Bucket list of tractor shows right there.....wonder if my "utv" works...

I never could grab a picture but there was a manure spreader with a V8 in it and a H/M gas tank driving around......I think you would be just fine. I was talking with Mike Links and he can back me up there. It made you look twice.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...