New Member with a 1486 that needs a lot of TLC and a 986, 1086, 1586, and a 7130

B.B.

Nice family story BB. We are all inspired by different things but in the end those are all very similar things in the grand scheme. Family or positive memories of a simpler time sure seem to play a large roll for most of us. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

Nice family story BB. We are all inspired by different things but in the end those are all very similar things in the grand scheme. Family or positive memories of a simpler time sure seem to play a large roll for most of us. 

19 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

100 horse is still a big tractor to me too. But im still waiting to get my first 86. ? Thanks for sharing your family story. 

Thanks for the positive comments.   I think a lot of us have similar stories of how we came to love tractors.    Truth be told I'd love to collect the tractors had the brochures for as a kid and wished we could of had then.    So you'll have to forgive me if one of these days I bring home a Green 4960! :)

Ok so serious question time. 

Can I swap the entire front axle out by removing the 4 front bolts and then the 3 back bolts along with the two hydraulic lines?  Seems like I should be able too?  The "new" 14 has a front axle that has been welded on, and the older 14 has what appears to be a nearly perfect front axle.  Pretty easy swap? 

146145.jpeg

146147.jpeg

It's an easy swap in ways. Just keep safety in mind. We have a spare front end we swapped into my brothers ten which we had some work done on the pivot

5 minutes ago, bitty said:

It's an easy swap in ways. Just keep safety in mind. We have a spare front end we swapped into my brothers ten which we had some work done on the pivot

Good deal, it looked pretty straight forward but thought I'd ask!   I will definitely block it up real well before I begin.  

I spent last Saturday swapping some things around.  I didn't really take any pictures but will soon.  This Saturday they are calling for rain so I am not sure if I'll get anything done or not? 

42 minutes ago, FarmallFan said:

Here's how Matt did the swap on my Hydro 186. 

FrontEndFix2.JPG

Thanks for the picture and info.  I'm hoping it doesn't rain so I can tear into it. 

• 2 weeks later...

One dollar and 25 cents??? I just watched a couple of cat III quick hitches sell for $200 each on an auction Saturday.

2 hours ago, FarmallFan said:

One dollar and 25 cents??? I just watched a couple of cat III quick hitches sell for $200 each on an auction Saturday.

Haha!  No 150 is what I gave for it.  I thought that was pretty good considering what they go for new. 

It's heavy My back and I know that!  I'll probably wrestle it out of my van (company car Ya'll) with the loader tractor! 

1 hour ago, 1586 Jeff said:

Have you had any difficulties pulling a gooseneck trailer with the tool body?

Is that a higher than normal gooseneck?

Or a lower than normal tool body?

Truck and trailer belong to my buddy Keith.  He's pulled that trailer all over the US without an issue.  I do think the neck is a little longer in that trailer.  Bed is a standard bed.  

4 hours ago, B.B. said:

Picked up a cat 3 quick hitch for the 15 yesterday for a buck and a half.  Guy says it's Case IH but I'm not convinced. 

Well I’m jealous!!! ?

I have one just like it that came on my MX220.... I ordered it with that quick hitch, it’s really easy to adjust from category three narrow to wide. 

Some guys have all the luck! ??

32 minutes ago, Qc.Can.IH man said:

Well I’m jealous!!! ?

I have one just like it that came on my MX220.... I ordered it with that quick hitch, it’s really easy to adjust from category three narrow to wide. 

So you really do think it's a true Case IH product? 

59 minutes ago, Tmtbob said:

You wouldn't happen to be following the del grande trend are you. I hear they are nice. 

I guess I don't follow?

9 hours ago, B.B. said:

Picked up a cat 3 quick hitch for the 15 yesterday for a buck and a half.  Guy says it's Case IH but I'm not convinced. 

147000.jpeg

4 hours ago, Qc.Can.IH man said:

Well I’m jealous!!! ?

I think it is not a case IH one as the one we have from a MX 220 is tapered on the sides and the adjustment bolts are closer to the end of the tube. Although maybe case IH had various styles at different times

4 hours ago, Tmtbob said:

MTO builds up talk on a dodge caravan del grande on the coffee shop side that he acquired and I was giving you crap over your minivan with the quick hitch. Seems he's quite proud of it. 

Gotcha. The van belongs to my primary employer. It along with a gas card are provided to me.   I wouldn't pick a mini van but it's dang useful even if I do take a lot of ribbing over being a soccer mom lol 

3 hours ago, bitty said:

I think it is not a case IH one as the one we have from a MX 220 is tapered on the sides and the adjustment bolts are closer to the end of the tube. Although maybe case IH had various styles at different times

I'm not convinced it's a case IH either.  I tried googling the casting number but nothing came up.  It would of been great if it was but I'll use it just the same. 

8 hours ago, B.B. said:

So you really do think it's a true Case IH product? 

4 hours ago, bitty said:

This is it on the case IH parts website 

2BA25176-BD0A-4342-8D8D-A441C2C5D6D8.png

8 hours ago, Qc.Can.IH man said:

Wow, that does look like this one.   The casting number on the one side is 297973A3  Which is similar to the part number you posted.  Maybe it is Case IH?

After cruising through some pictures on tractor house I do now think this is a Case IH hitch.  The casting marks looks just like those found on MX series tractors.   Score one for BB! :)

Thanks for the help identifying this! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Qc.Can.IH man said:

They must have made a bunch of different hitches. I believe this one is a factory one for an MX also

IMG_20190410_062651971.jpg

IMG_20190410_062643331.jpg

Bitty they may very well have.   And these hitches may have all been made by someone else for Case IH and just marketed through them?  

After seeing the parts break down, and the evidence in the pictures below I'm convinced mine is a Case IH hitch! :)

You can see the star cast emblem in this hitch on a MX220 is the same as the star cast into the hitch I just got.  

MX220 hitch.jpg

MX220 hitch 2.jpg

147152.jpeg