Magnum Cab Creaking noise

George 2

A friend of mine has a 8920 with less than 2000 hours. Lately a creaking noise has developed in the cab even when going over fairly smooth tilled land. He wonders if the noise could be coming from the windshield where it joins the cab although it seems to be higher possibly in the overhead console.

Anybody have a similar experience with a Magnum and what was the cause and remedy?

It could be the window is coming loose from the hi viscosity uerethane . We had a maxxum that had the window come loose and it squeaked badly

3 hours ago, Matt Kirsch said:

Have him jump in a 66 series with a cab and run it for a while. Suddenly the creak won't seem so annoying.

Lol!!

My bets windshield too.  Almost need a stethoscope to point it out.  My mc135 had squeek, groan this summer.  Drove us nuts...nothing showed.  Finally went to dealer.   Kid said it was annoying too.  Wedged 2x4 in cab mount area.  Quiet.  My mounts for some reason are kinda collapsed so the collar inside is rubbing.  Got new ones sitting here....dont look as easy as I thought but hoping next week to stop the insanity.  So dumb but man it drives you bonkers after few minutes.

5 hours ago, Matt Kirsch said:

Have him jump in a 66 series with a cab and run it for a while. Suddenly the creak won't seem so annoying.

So true

after 4,000 hrs with straight pipes on 1568 with year a round cab and I can't hear a single thing in any of these new tractors. Not even sure they are running. 

6 hours ago, Matt Kirsch said:

Isn't that the truth !!!

:lol:

I swear my ears still ring from the 1466 I ran as a kid. I definitely don't have much fondness to the 66 series. Powerhouses, you betcha but awkward to get into and out of. Cabs were echo chambers and even more awkward yet to get into and out of.

If you know approximately when the noise is coming from, squirt a little wd40 or penetrating oil on the area and see if it stops. I've got a ram truck that does that on the rear window. A shot of p oil ever 3 months stops the squeak. 

Jerry

Archived