Sign in to follow this  
lorenzo

Thiokol Snow Cat

Oops sorry Lorenzo posted the picture of a OC_4

Very cool project, you would be the only kid on the block with one, go for it!!!

On 8/15/2017 at 3:37 AM, R Pope said:

Yours looks like a Falcon straight 6, 144-170-200 cubes. Any parts house has everything you'll ever need for it.

Then if you want to hot it up considerably an Australian Falcon 4 litre variable DOHC EFI straight 6 ought to slot right in

So why not a ford 300  EFI 6 with a C4

I restored it mechanically,

it’s a lot of fun but we just haven’t had enough snow . I was able to get it out once last year to get the mail but it just sits in the shed.

Damn that’s cool 😎 

If you can’t find parts than I will give you permission to do anything you want to do with it! It would only get cooler😎😎🥶🥶

You scored!   

Parts should be no problem. Most owners will buy used belting, set up jigs to drill holes. Big cost for the low budget guys are the grousers, If all of them need replacing. But that’s rare.  I hope you take advantage of that snocat forum  unless you have already. 

Enjoy!

Jess

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jess_656D said:

You scored!   

Parts should be no problem. Most owners will buy used belting, set up jigs to drill holes. Big cost for the low budget guys are the grousers, If all of them need replacing. But that’s rare.  I hope you take advantage of that snocat forum  unless you have already. 

Enjoy!

Jess

Yes sir, I was able to find everything it needed from members of that forum .

A small group of enthusiast and  very  helpfull to say the least .

This is pretty cool  Lorenzo, at bromley we had a pair of Thikol sprytes, one was a 68 or 7 with a boom and bucket, the other was a 93’ with a flat rack bed and lots of male and female fittings on it for hooking snowmaking hoses to pull them around all stretched out. I think the 93 burned up I’m no longer “down below “ so I’m not up on the equipment list anymore but one of them is still in use

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ihfan4life said:

Damn that’s cool 😎 

If you can’t find parts than I will give you permission to do anything you want to do with it! It would only get cooler😎😎🥶🥶

I saw one once where someone replaced the cab with a VW bus .

5EE4F28F-7B3F-444C-80DC-AA3010EA2DCA.jpeg.ddb9157408917ee15eea17f6e4f0902e.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lorenzo said:

I saw one once where someone replaced the cab with a VW bus .

5EE4F28F-7B3F-444C-80DC-AA3010EA2DCA.jpeg.ddb9157408917ee15eea17f6e4f0902e.jpeg

That’s a nice looking build, everything looks in proportion. It  would be  interesting to know if has a Donner chassis or ground up build.  One crazy build I followed was a Bombadier SW48. He stuffed a built big block in it. Very nice job, way over powered.