IH 1026 S/N Registry

Long Farms

1 hour ago, Jacka said:

Cool what part of PA did u grow up at.

Around the Millersville area in Lancaster County. I ended up getting married to a South Dakota gal, that’s how I ended up out here. I also got a 706 diesel at the auction that I painted and worked on the engine my senior year in high school in shop class.  I also got a 706 gas, NF, fast hitch at the auction as well. The gasser is the one I used my first year of farming for myself. I used it to plant my first field of corn pulling my 800 cyclo-air. I hauled the gasser home with me this past week.  Lots of sentimental equipment sold at the auction. I couldn’t afford it all, so I had to pick the ones I wanted the most.

17 minutes ago, 1566Hog said:

Around the Millersville area in Lancaster County. I ended up getting married to a South Dakota gal, that’s how I ended up out here. I also got a 706 diesel at the auction that I painted and worked on the engine my senior year in high school in shop class.  I also got a 706 gas, NF, fast hitch at the auction as well. The gasser is the one I used my first year of farming for myself. I used it to plant my first field of corn pulling my 800 cyclo-air. I hauled the gasser home with me this past week.  Lots of sentimental equipment sold at the auction. I couldn’t afford it all, so I had to pick the ones I wanted the most.

I know the area, I am from Chester County and moved to south west central PA 35 years ago.

6 hours ago, 1566Hog said:

I grew up on that actual tractor. I grew up in PA, and worked for the man that owned that tractor. When he started slowing down, he rented me some land and let me use his equipment. Through life changes, I moved to SD. His estate auction was just held 8 days ago. I’ve stayed in touch with his children throughout the years, and they are like family to me. I went back to PA to help with the auction, getting all the equipment out and lined up.  That’s kind of the short version of the story. 

Really awesome to get reunited with that 1026 and nice to help get things ready for the sale. Who was the auctioneer ?  

30 minutes ago, bitty said:

Really awesome to get reunited with that 1026 and nice to help get things ready for the sale. Who was the auctioneer ?  

The auctioneer was John M Hess. His team had their work cut out for them. There was a lot of “stuff” on the property (packed away in every corner of the barn) and they spent many hours working on getting things out of the barns. I had a great time. It’s was cold- single digits, and snowy in South D during that time, and I was able to enjoy 50-60 degree weather there for the 2.5 weeks I was there helping. 
I spent many fall afternoons/evenings on a 706, 856, and 504 with a potato wagon beside that 1026 while it was pulling the potato harvester. I could barely hear my tractor idling beside, over the whistle of the turbo of the DT407 in the 1026. Fun times. 

• Like 2